The Next Step

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by tigerman7024, Oct 21, 2001.

1. tigerman7024

tigerman7024 Founding Member

After the humiliation of MSU the Tigers have a new tougher challenge ahead...The Ole Miss Rebels.

I live in New Orleans, and therefore love the Manning family and everything they did/do for the city. But when next week rolls around all bets are off!!

Manning poses a threat that all LSU fans recognize, his ability to throw the ball and light up the scoreboard. I am nervous about the game next week, but I think we will win and here is how.

1. Our pass rush showed definite signs of improvement against State, we must and will improve on this and we rattle Manning.

2. Rohan is showing signs of maturity and taking what the D gives him in terms of underneath receptions, passes to backs in the flats, and effective scrambling. This means ball control clock eating possesions that result in TD's. This will keep Manning off the field.

3. Experience wins out over youth. Rohan is much more experienced in big time games, and this is a big time game, Ole Miss has only one conference loss and LSU is trying to gain ground against Auburn. Rohan will stay calm, cool and collected and win the game, while Manning will crumble under the pressure.

4. Run offense --LSU wins hands down no question!! Toefield, Davis, Henderson no match for any running backs corps in the SEC.

LSU improves to 5-2 and 3-2 in the SEC to move closer to catching Auburn.

2. Ellis Hugh

Ellis Hugh Space Wrangler

Good points. I agree