The Mullet Out Game

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Bengal B, Oct 23, 2003.

1. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

I say to hell with white out games and gold out games but then I thought "Hey, we ought to show our hospitality to our guests from Auburn and do something to help them blend in with the crowd and feel less self conspicuous about their appearance"
    Lets make this the Mullet Out Game. Here is a link to a site where we can all buy mullet wigs.

http://www.mulletwigs.net/

Now if all of the guys with RVs want to really make the Auburn fans feel at home maybe you can disguise your RVs as doublewides. If you really want to go all out to welcome our guests maybe you can add to the decor of your RV tailgating space by putting a couple of old cars up on blocks in front of your RVs. As an added touch be sure to throw your empty beer cans in the area. If you meet some Auburn fans be sure to offer them some corndogs and introduce your wife or girlfriend as your Sister/Mother or at least as your first cousin.

2. captainpodnuh

captainpodnuh Baseball at da Box

That's hilarious. When I went to the barn fire game, I had a friend from HS that was attending AU at the same time as I was at LSU. We stayed with him that weekend. Funny thing was, he was living in a single wide with another guy from Ala in Opelika on a fruit farm. The roommate even had a chair mounted on top of the trailer so he could hunt deer and study at the same time. What an experience...

3. Bayeaux

Bayeaux Freshman

Now that is funny! But it's not like we don't have the same stuff in Louisiana. We eat Nutria for crying out loud. What you're describing is life in the South plain and simple.

4. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

When you say we eat nutria what do you mean by we?

5. captainpodnuh

captainpodnuh Baseball at da Box

There is a big difference between eating something that resembles a rat, and pulling off on the side of the road to pick up some "fresh" dinner.:D

6. aubcollier

aubcollier Freshman

Sorry to disappoint anyone but I do not know where the mullet thing is coming from. Yeah there are some of them in north Alabama but not to many in Auburn. I will be looking forward to seeing how many cajuns I can find that still have all their teeth though!

7. Pastimer

Pastimer Founding Member

Oh, of course. All of the people in and around the Auburn area wear oxford shirts with button-down collars, khaki pants, Bill Blass blazers and topsiders.

Lots of them wear the traditional Auburn three piece suit: bib overalls with two shoulder straps.

But seriously, folks. We in the South can poke fun at ourselves and laugh even when the joke is on us. But don't any of you Yankee folk try it !

8. Bayeaux

Bayeaux Freshman

Absolutely right. This is a family thing. We can poke fun at each other, but the outsiders need to keep tongue in cheek or the South will have to rise up.

9. AndrewAce24

AndrewAce24 Founding Member

Until you boys have been to a NASCAR race in Talladega, AL, you don't know what redneck is!

10. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

I've been and I know.

"My long hair don't cover up my red neck" David Allen Coe