Terrell Owens still doesn't get the ball enough

Discussion in 'OTHER SPORTS Forum' started by LSUDeek, Sep 30, 2008.

1. LSUDeek

LSUDeek All That She Wants...

2. LSUMASTERMIND

LSUMASTERMIND Founding Member

He damn sure didnt get enough Sunday, but Romo was kinda scared to throw it his way. I think Shawn Springs did a hell of a job on T.O

3. LSUDeek

If the coverage is there, you don't make the throws. Football 101.

:nope:

4. LSUMASTERMIND

I dont need football 101, if you have T.O and they are playing man to man, you throw him the ball.

5. TigerSnarl

TigerSnarl Air Conditioned Gypsy

Ok, I can't believe I am defending TO. But the reporters bug the crap out of him trying to get him to say something negative when the Cowboys lose. Here is the quote from the blog...

"Yet when asked if the ball was thrown his way often enough, Owens said: "I would say no. I'm a competitor, and I want the ball.' "

No real way to answer that question as a star player without giving them sound byte material. And it wasn't as if he was proclaiming that the problem was him not getting the ball enough.

To me, Romo was late getting him the ball a lot and TO was covered.

6. LSUDeek

So let me get this straight....

If a quick slant is called and the corner is playing jam up inside technique.... you throw it anyway?

Besides, your point is silly. TO wants the ball deep, and they are NOT playing man to man coverage. They are playing a 2 deep zone to stop the comeback and fly routes. The quick slant route is the only way that he can get his receptions against that type of coverage.

7. TigerBait3

TigerBait3 Guest

t.o. said he realizes he isnt going to get it with a safety over the top and was basically just saying things happen when he gets the ball in his hands. im not so sure he was whining about not being thrown to because they threw his way like 17 times.

8. LSUMASTERMIND

Yes you do throw it because most of the time, T.O will get the inside position on the DB, I have seen it before. Maybe you should watch T.O play before you comment. Everyteam doesnt play a 2 deep zone, some teams to go man to man on T.O. Or is the fact that out of 32 teams some of them may have a different defensive philosophy other than a 2 deep zone unbelivable to you?
    Your point is silly, you think that a quick slant is the only way to get a catch in a zone, you should listen to what you are saying. Receivers find seems and holes in zone coverage all the time.

9. LSUDeek

I of course don't think that the quick slant is the only way to get the ball on zone coverage... in fact it may not work if the middle of the field is filled with LB's.

Here's a quote from the article, chief.

He is upset with the types of routes and throws that are being called. I'd wager a guess that it is because the cat is stupid and immature and fails to recognize what defenses are attempting to do to take the deep ball away.

10. LSUMASTERMIND

I just think you are wrong in your belief, T.O has been a team player the last 2 season imo, He has cut down on the premadonna crap. Which has made the cowboys successfull. I wont pound on the guy as I have in the past, because he has a better attitude.