Tennessee Finally Offers Daniel Hood

Discussion in 'College Recruiting' started by TigerBait3, May 5, 2009.

1. TigerBait3

TigerBait3 Guest

** I guess technically he signed with them today.

Wow. They must be desperate.

Hood's Profile

Pdf Summary for those that forgot he was the plunger raper.

2. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

thats sick!

high morals coming from kiffie to sign him.

3. stevescookin

stevescookin Certified Who Dat

I couldn't continue reading the court brief.

Kiffen will say the same BS about Hood that he said about the South Carolina receiver. No offer was made, We would never condone that, blah, blah, blah.

Hopefully this'll make national news before it's buried!

4. stevescookin

DRC, what's the scoop on this?

5. DRC

DRC TigerNator

Have no idea. I havent talked to him in a couple weeks. I'll see what I can find out.

6. DRC

DRC TigerNator

I talked to him this morning and it poses no problems for Kiffin. He didnt have the final say on it anyway. Based on letters from his school and the rape victim they wanted to give him a second chance because he's a local boy.

This may create some bad national pub for Tennessee but it wont hurt Kiffin with his bosses.

7. stevescookin

Look, I've hired ex convicts before. Two were murderers, and both of them were good hands...no problems.

But, these were kitchen jobs...not high profile positions with national press all around. Even if the kid served all conditions of his sentence including parole/probation, there's too much potential for youths as well as adults idolizing the rapist.

I hate to be a sceptic, but if this kid looked like a gangster instead of a frat boy would he get the same opportunity?

No way Les Miles would recruit the kid. He might give him a shot as a student worker or something, but seriously...I doubt even that. Being associated with an LSU athletic team is an honor, a privelage that few are worthy of.

Apparently that's not the case at The University of Tennessee.

8. DRC

DRC TigerNator

I dont disagree with you Steve. I think Tennessee is taking another national publicity beating but it wont effect Kiffin's standing with his bosses or the fan base. I mean think about it, its Tennessee. They have been notorious for having misfits and criminals in their program. Why do you think that dubious awards is called the "Fulmer Cup"? :hihi:

9. stevescookin

I wasn't disagreeing either, just thinking out loud. I believe what you say about it not affecting Kiffen's relationship with the university and it not being his call etc.

But what do you think would be Les Miles' reaction if, for example, the TAF convinced Alleva to force Miles to take this kid... I don't think it would happen. He even kicked Perriloux off the team for a lot less than this.

As far as Daniel Hood goes, I assume he wants to move on with his life, and that's fine...maybe even deserved depending on the circumstances. I'm all for repentance, forgiveness, and new starts in life. We all face that often in our own lives. There's got to be a lot of behind the scenes goings on in this case because it doesn't seem Hood was one of those can't miss prospects. I don't really know, however.

I just think it stinks and is a very poor reflection on whoever made this decision as well as on the whole university. I'd certainly not want to let my kid play for a program that would allow that. New starts and second chances can be awarded in other ways besides an athletic scholarship.

10. paducahmichael

paducahmichael Tiger Band Class of '73