Ten showdowns that could shape the 2007 campaign

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by GEAUX TIGERS, Jun 21, 2007.

1. GEAUX TIGERS

GEAUX TIGERS Founding Member

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/writers/stewart_mandel/06/21/10.games/index.html

:geauxtige:helmet::geauxtige

2. BigDaddy

BigDaddy Founding Member

I take Les in 4 rounds... quarters...:geauxtige

1 person likes this.
  3. jimbeaux

jimbeaux "Have a Great Day"

Man..this gets me psyched up..i cant wait

69 days, 21 hours, 9 minutes, 24 seconds till k/o

4. townhallsavoy

townhallsavoy Freshman

Not so sure I agree with the list - The Florida-LSU game is a big one, but surely not number 1. Florida will have such a significant drop off next season that this game will be more of a big test for LSU than a season-definer. I think that LSU has a bigger matchup with Auburn and Virginia Tech. The Hokies have a lot more firepower than people realize. They return 16 starters and have a very good and very underappreciated running back. That game, I believe, will have a big impact on the national scene. The LSU-Auburn game will determine the SEC West. I think Arkansas's defense is too depleted to compete and sorry, but Alabama is years away from contention.

That list is a bit off with the multiple Big East matchups. And the mentioning of Cal, who should really just stop trying.

1 person likes this.
  5. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

I agree- AU and VT games are huge.

Welcome to the forum. :thumb:

6. BigWee_TEAMKATT

BigWee_TEAMKATT Victory for LSU!!!

Oh yeah. Nothing gets my college football juices flowing like the annual Boise St. - Hawaii matchup.:confused:

7. TerryP

TerryP Founding Member

I think the point of listing that game is the BCS implications, not the MNC game. Hawai'i is going to put some points on the board, no doubt. Enough to knock Boise out of a BCS game? There's the question.

8. BigWee_TEAMKATT

BigWee_TEAMKATT Victory for LSU!!!

I understand why it was listed, but it just doesn't seem to fit with the other games on that list. One thing that the Boise St. upset of Oklahoma did was hopefully serve as some type of catalyst for some type of playoff. Reality is that every college football year when a list like this one is released, a game such as the one btw Boise St. and Hawaii will make the list. It will just take me a few years to get used to it.

9. Chip82

Chip82 Founding Member

Most national sports writers currently have the mindset that Florida and LSU are standouts in the SEC. What they don't seem to grasp year to year is that most SEC programs are loaded with talent and it doesn't take all that much to see a shift.

Nationally, I think the LSU - Virginia Tech game will be very significant.

Throwing Alabama in twice is pure hype for Saban. Alabama is the 5th toughest team on LSU's schedule.

I can attest that FSU would much rather beat Florida than Alabama this year.

1 person likes this.
  10. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

I'd be sick to hear what will be said, about LSU, but also, about the SEC if we drop that one.

Agree, those games will be very "High interest" and they're adding more fuel. Not that Bama couldn't steal one from LSU but, on paper, LSU is better- we all know the "Best" teams don't always win.