Stephen Sullivan Recommits to LSU

Discussion in 'LSU RECRUITING' started by LSUDad, Aug 16, 2015.

1. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

It gives the coaches a chance to get a leg up on the other teams and start building a relationship with the player. Even when they decide they want to take their visits and decommit the team offering first might still have a better chance on signing day. I still believe Dylan Moses will end up at LSU but you can't blame the kid for wanting to get in on the recruiting goodies.

2. ROY_LA_CA

ROY_LA_CA Founding Member

The initial commitment is good PR for LSU which will probably outweigh the de-commitment. The more that recruits see LSU associated with other good recruits, the stronger LSU looks.

Bengal B likes this.
  3. MLUTiger

MLUTiger Secular Humanist

So, from what I understand this is about recruiting trips. Schools spend a lot of money to recruit. They're going to be a little picky about who they spend their limited resources on (although some schools are less "limited" than others I guess). When there is a guy out there who has been committed to a Power 5 school for over a year, it's not going to give other schools a lot of confidence that he's a player they can flip. Why spend the money on a guy who seems to be very committed when you can spend it on a guy who is more likely to sign with you?

These kids (Sullivan included) want to be wined and dined before they're locked away after signing day. Very few kids get the opportunity, so the ones that do understandably want to take advantage of it. I think Sullivan is just doing what he needs to do to make other schools feel they have a chance. Maybe he even wants to take another look around now that some different schools have come sniffing around. Regardless, I think LSU is probably still the team to beat.

4. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

sullivan looks unsmart.

islstl likes this.
  5. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Because these guys flip all the time. The early commits to a state school are sometimes impressed by other schools. Some of these guys commit to whoever is the last team they visited.

6. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

Also, some give a verbal to every school they visit.

red55 likes this.
  7. ThePhenom74

ThePhenom74 Founding Member

I enjoy following recruiting but it can be very frustrating. I can't stand when these kids commit only to decommit so they can bask in the spotlight. I understand they are kids but still. Only commit when you're sure you ready. On the flip slide we see schools screw kids over as well when they start to fill up and suddenly a bigger fish wants on board.

8. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

Since LSU doesn't utilize WR's I'm not overly concerned with a WR decommit. I'd be much more concerned if he were a top notch DL or LB. We won't even talk about if he were a real QB commit.

ThePhenom74 likes this.
  9. mobius481

mobius481 Registered Member

You have to get past the word "commit". If you can do that, you'll enjoy it again.

10. ThePhenom74

ThePhenom74 Founding Member

I enjoy the process and following the recruiting aspect of football. I just honestly don't put much faith in commitments until signed, especially out of state kids.