Spring Training Results

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by bhelmLSU, May 13, 2010.

1. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

At the bottom of the article they list the top 5 in each event.

Records Set During Football Spring Conditioning - LSUsports.net - The Official Web Site of LSU Tigers Athletics

1 person likes this.
  2. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

3. LSUMASTERMIND

LSUMASTERMIND Founding Member

Man you definitely like to see the offensive line as top performers in those categories, but Michael Ford and PP are just sick with this.

Oh and the speed in the secondary is amazing.

4. TheDude

TheDude I'm calmer than you.

The secondary speed is scary. If they combine that with sticking to assignments, they will truly be fearsome.
    What I like to hear more than anything.

Nice find.:thumb:

5. TigerSnarl

TigerSnarl Air Conditioned Gypsy

Peterson's squat numbers are great. But Michael Ford's bench, clean, squat, and vertical jump are stunning. What an athlete!! I cannot wait to see how this translates on the field.

1 person likes this.
  6. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

i cant wait either. because none of it means squat if it doesnt translate well. (pun intended.)

1 person likes this.
  7. LEGACY TIGER

LEGACY TIGER Defy Yourself

Very impressive. This could be, if nothing else, a team that is stong enough to pound other teams into submission. As Miles would say "Damn Strong Team".

The writer nor Moffitt may have read the thread we have here regarding this topic, but maybe Moffitt and the players took it to heart the reports that were out there that our players aren't prepared or doing well in the NFL. That the fact that it was specifically pointed out by the media about our players weak bench press performances. Moffitt has a strong reputation as a SC coach, maybe all the negativity was the shot in the arm the program needed to get everyone refocused.

8. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

I agree it looks like this is a response to reports but an article like this comes out each year after Moffit's Spring Training competition.

As we see Moffit focuses on more significant and telling training test like Clean and Jerk, Snatch, Squats, Max Bench press (Not reps), etc...

We had few workout Warriors participating in the NFL combine this year compared to years past and based on the results the future looks bright.

9. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

I don't think i have ever been this excited about a secondary including when Travis Daniels, Corey Webster, LaRon Landry and Jack Hunt were back there.

1 person likes this.
  10. JayB

JayB Never Forget 31

ditto. :eek: