SovietGator....please come eat your crow!!!!!!!**

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LSUstudent, Oct 11, 2003.

1. LSUstudent

LSUstudent Founding Member

2. Ole War Skule

Ole War Skule Founding Member

well, that is the first smile I've had in 3 hours.....thanks for nothing!

3. SovietGator

SovietGator Founding Member

What crow? ;)

4. SouthLink02

SouthLink02 Founding Member

No kidding. Are you still promising a UGA loss?

5. SovietGator

South,

AWESOME game last night man, I mean UGA/UT. I love to see Phat Phil Fulmer embarassed on National TV. I know he drowned his sorrows in a dozen Krispy Kreme jelly donuts last night.:D

Thanks for humbling that Fat A$$. What I saw last night from UGA scared me.

As for my LSU friends,

The LSU/Florida game surprised me. I knew we had a slim chance at pulling off the shocking upset if all the stars were aligned correctly, but I thought LSU finally had the team to keep that from happening. I was on campus tailgating from 8:30am to 9:00pm. The hush that fell over the LSU fans during the entire day struck me as very odd. I only heard a chant of "Tiger Bait" once.

I got the sense that LSU fans were actually scared we were going to pull the upset. I sat next to the Gator Band with all the Gator Fans and had five LSU fans (Complete strangers, not friends and ages around 20-40) right by me. Not one of them made a peep the entire game other than to clap when ya'll did something good.

Last night was the quietest I have ever heard Death Valley, it was more like Deathly Quiet Valley. My very first LSU game was the FSU game in 82'. I have been to a lot of LSU games and the 97' Upset game was much louder than last night. And I'm not just talking about the end of the 97' game, that entire game was louder than last night. Last night it got loud when we would have a 3rd and long situation but the few times we converted it got quiet.

I kept reading here and hearing from others about how Death Valley wouldn't get quiet if Florida got an early lead. I think the biggest single edge for Florida was us getting the lead, we took your fans out of the game because that old friend "doubt" crept into your collective minds. The daytime early kick-off helped too.

Last week I listed all the things that would have to happen for Florida to win, they were numerous and every one of them happened last night and then some. I never realized LSU would give us so much help though. Both offenses were horrible, there were injuries on both teams, as well as questionable calls on both teams.

I kept biting my nails thinking ya'll would come back to beat us 21-19 by going deep. I was perplexed that Mauck didn't throw deep to all your stud WR's. I was just sure our defense would wear out in the 4th quarter and your passing game would win it.

But none of that matters, championship teams learn to overcome all adversity so there are no excuses. We pulled a decent game out of our a$$es and LSU just isn't there yet.

Leak sure grew up in a hurry. Your defensive line was as advertised, although I think they helped him more than they hindered him last night.

In a post week before last I think it was red55 that said Florida had neither a tradition of winning nor any SEC Championships before Spurrier ever arrived. I think these stats from the LSU Media Guide prove Florida has a tradition of winning against LSU. I was surprised when I read them for the very first time.

Overall, Florida leads the UF/LSU series 27-20-3 (First game was in the 1930's)

In Baton Rouge, Florida leads 15-11

In Gainesville, Florida leads 12-9-3

Some interesting stats about Saban,

Saban is 1-3 vs Florida

Saban is 7-8 in games following a bye week

The LSU fans were the best I have ever seen them yesterday, TOTALLY CLASSY. My wife had a great time on campus for her first LSU/UF game. Good luck the rest of the way. Looks like the SEC is finally starting to gel. The race is wide open right now.

Here's some pics from the game,

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. LStUdent

LStUdent Founding Member

Sovietgator, I don't think the fans were scared of an upset, but it was definatly the sterotypical "why we hate day games in Death Valley" kinda game. I could tell when we were out waiting in line for the student section that the crowd was gonna be kinda low key. I guess if we're to expect the crowd and the team to be as hyped up as possible for a day game it has to be "one of the biggest games ever in Death Valley" as the UGA game was proclaimed.

Our O was flat all game long and UF was pumped all game long. By half time I felt that our only hope for scoring would be int's of fumble recoveries by the D, of returns by the spec teams.

7. SovietGator

LStUdent

I hear ya', I think the ESPN Gameday show also helped for the UGly game, that and it being your first big game of the season.

Even the LSU Band didn't get me fired up like they usually do. It was like everyone thought we were Central Florida.

8. LStUdent

LStUdent Founding Member

I usually get chills during pregame, but yesterday was not so. I could bearly hear the bass drums on thier way out. But I fear not because I KNOW that the place will be rocking come Oct 25.

9. StarscreamLSU

StarscreamLSU Founding Member

The whole day felt "off" for me -- ya know?

Nothing really felt "right". First it was the 'costumed' Mike coming on the field 10 mins late, which meant the real Mike roared on the worng side of the feild. Then there was the reappearance of Ellis on the LSU sidelines (why god, why?). There was even a little delay in the videos they run before the game. Then they run that set of clips with the guitar riff, it always ends with the team getting ready to leave (they hit the win goalpost), but Saturday they were halfway out of the tunnel when the band started playing and the video was on.

Not usually superstious -- but things didn't feel right...

I also thought that red-hatted commercial ref killed the crowd. Seemed like CBS took way too many commercials.

10. Chip82

Chip82 Founding Member

The Gators snuck in under the radar...

But I think you just helped out the Georgia coaching staff.

Now Georgia knows what to expect and will be super pumped for Jacksonville.

In the mean time the Gators have to go to Fayetteville while Georgia travels to Vandy...