some of you "fans" make Smoke a sammich

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LSUSPORTSFREAK, May 23, 2004.

1. LSUSPORTSFREAK

LSUSPORTSFREAK Founding Member

As usual, Smoke and the Tigers get no love when they do well, just lots of bitching and moaning :cry: from the usual clowns when we lose. Typical. :hihi: You clowns need to get off it till the season is over.

2. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

I'll join you on that one.

3. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

Me too. It's always his fault for Friday's but he doesn't get any credit for the rest weekend.

4. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

I bet Smoke never eats at TGIF's.

This has got to be some kinda record for losing the friday game and then coming back to win the next 2. It's uncanny.

5. LSUSPORTSFREAK

LSUSPORTSFREAK Founding Member

I hear crckets chirping

Still no replies?

6. Jean Lafitte

Jean Lafitte The Old Guard

They all deserve a big round of applause.

Skip and Smoke motivated the team and the bats woke up! This has been a GREAT regular season. It's too bad that we barely got edged out for the SEC Championship, but that won't stop us from doing well in Omaha.

At some point in the off-season, I'd like to get everybody's opinion on LSU's pitching coach.

7. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

They showed the LSU bench during the second inning and Smoke was asleep. Tigers did well without him. However he did wake up in time to take out a hot pitcher(Determen) and bring in a new one...... Is that what you have been waiting for? If so I'm more than happy to make your day you may now go off the deep end. :hihi: :hihi: :hihi: :grin: :grin: :grin: :dis: :dis: :dis: :thumb: :thumb: :geaux: :lsug: :tigbas: :tigbas: :tigbas: :tigbas: :tigbas: :tigbas: :tigbas: :tigbas: :tigbas: :tigbas: :tigbas: :tigbas: :tigbas: :tigbas: :tigbas:

8. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Being a good coach and a Bertman disciple, he knew this game was in the bag so he started coaching for the tournament. Greg Smith hadn't pitched in a game in 2 weeks. He needed some work and Smoke gave him some. He got hit a little hard but was beginning to find his groove there at the end. Would you prefer that Smoke let Smith work the rust off when we are up by one in the seventh next Wednesday or up by 10 in the eighth today?

9. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

My post was a sarcastic jab at LSUSPORTSFREAK and I am not in the anti-Smoke fan club, however I would rather see Smith work the rust off in practice and not in such an important game when Deteremen was pitching so good. Crazier things have happened before and had Smith fallen apart there was not much left available in the bullpen. If Smith needs a couple of innings mop up duty he could have pitched against SLU. :geaux: :lsug:

10. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

We were up by 10. I don't think there was any need to worry.