Sick linemen

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Crip*TEAM KATT, Oct 4, 2009.

1. Crip*TEAM KATT

Crip*TEAM KATT As Wild As We Wanna Be

Any news on this???

Was it a food issue? Or is it the flu?

And if the flu is it of the piggy kind?

Just wondering this would be a ****ty week for a crap load of players getting sick at once!

2. LSUGradin99

LSUGradin99 I Bleedeth Purple 'N Gold

I doubt we'd ever be told what is ailing them. Miles won't release that info. Good for him too.

3. pharpe

pharpe Founding Member

What's wrong with releasing what the players were sick from? I can understand keeping injuries and aliments close to the vest prior to the game but what does it matter after?

4. Crip*TEAM KATT

Crip*TEAM KATT As Wild As We Wanna Be

If the team has swine flu I think the CDC trumps Miles

5. Nutriaitch

Nutriaitch Fear the Buoy

i think the hippopotamus oath trumps the CDC

6. LSUGradin99

LSUGradin99 I Bleedeth Purple 'N Gold

Same as with an injury of course. If the player is going to be in the game, then it's best the opponent not know he is ill. Attack the weakest link stuff and all.

7. locoguano

locoguano Founding Member

Considering it was just the linemen, I'm betting it was something they ate together... some bad food in the piggy trough...

8. ParadiseiNC

ParadiseiNC don't worry, be happy

Influenza, whether swine or human, typically is a respiratory illness for the most part. Yes, you can get vomiting, but that is not typically a big component, and I doubt more than one player would be vomiting simultaneously if it were swine. Routine stomach bugs that give you the "stomach flu" that people are usually referring to are not influenza viruses, but more commonly, rota, adeno, calici, and Norwalk viruses. Usually, symtoms are abrupt in onset, and self resolve in 1-3 days. So, one of these viruses are more likely to be going on, not swine. Swine has been primarily giving headache, fever, aches, chills, then runny nose, cough, and general malaise, and has been lasting 3-8 days. Again, it can give vomiting, but generally not a big component for most affected people.

9. gumborue

gumborue Throwin Ched

decent chance its swine flu. its going around (especially colleges). multiple players have it. im assuming the team still eats together, so if its from food then more would likely have it. swine flu more commonly causes vomitting that seasonal flu.

10. ParadiseiNC

ParadiseiNC don't worry, be happy

Alot of people mistakenly think they get "food poisoning". In reality, they usually have a stomach virus with initial symtoms being triggered after a meal ingestion when the intestinal system is being asked to do its job, but it is temporarily "impaired" and everything requiring digestion then comes back up. It's possible it was food poising, but much more likely its a stomach virus, and will simply self-resolve in a few days.