Should Jarrett Lee be given a chance at QB?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TIGERFAN, Sep 28, 2010.

?

Should Jarrett Lee be given a chance at QB?

1. Give Lee a chance

129 vote(s)
    89.0%
  2. Stick with Jefferson

16 vote(s)
    11.0%
  1. TIGERFAN

TIGERFAN Guest

There are no two ways about it.

LSU is in the middle of a full blown QB controversy.

Even the biggest sunshine pumpers have grown weary of Jordan Jefferson's poor quarterback play despite a 4-0 record. There is visible frustration among the LSU players and tension is high on the team and in the stands.

So lets see where Tiger fans really stand.

Do you think Jarret Lee should be given a chance to see what he can do at quarterback
    or do you think Jordan Jefferson should continue to lead the Tigers and hope for improvement?

Vote now.

[​IMG]

2. LEGACY TIGER

LEGACY TIGER Defy Yourself

3. TIGERFAN

TIGERFAN Guest

Looks like we have another one.

4. P&G_wheelz007

P&G_wheelz007 Football anyone?

I voted for Lee. At least let him have a few meaningful series in this week's game.

Maybe he's better. Maybe he's Mr. Pick 6. Maybe he's the same as he's been...... which wasn't very good.

Maybe, just maybe, JJ is the best we have. I hope not.

It's time for a change IMO. Heck, at this point, I'd even vote for RS to get a crack and let him run the option.

Can't hurt can it?

5. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

Well this is a poll about who you would select, vs who do you think the coaching staff will go with. So it's an interesting poll to put out there.

I selected Lee, only in the sense we have to end this once and for all whether Jarrett Lee has anything to offer over JJ.

Like Wheelz says, it certainly can't hurt. And it's against Tennessee, which is one of the worst defenses in D-1 football. If Lee can't throw for 200+ yards in this one, we are officially done in the passing game for the rest of the season and should just plug in Shepard and run the spread option.

1 person likes this.
  6. LSU-SIU

LSU-SIU Founding Member

LSU is not in a QB controversy.
    LSU fans are starting to wake up to the obvious. What is the obvious? That Crowton is absolutely the worse OC in football and has been for years.

You are not going to solve this problem by throwing QBs at the problem. The problem is up in the booth. Crowton can easily go through any QBs you have at the snap of a play call.

The poll is stupid.

7. TUSKtimes

TUSKtimes Riding the Wave

I think what coach Miles wants to know, when I put him in and he is who we thought he was, Do I get a mulligan?

Is that what you meant when you said "it can't hurt?"

8. Rwilliams

Rwilliams Veteran Member

Let them both compete for the job on the field. The players will let us know who they want as their qb by how they respond. Do you think lee really sucks that bad in practice that the coaches won't put him in or does miles not want to be seen as caving to pressure. If jj is our best qb that doesn't make jl look too good. Jl must be sick to watch jj look like he does and know that his coach thinks he's worse

1 person likes this.
  9. NavyTiger

NavyTiger dunn dunn it all

Ok first off I say we are in a QB controversy because we don't have a DECENT quarterback on the team, or we do and they are not getting the opportunity to play. I will agree that Crowton is a HORRIBLE OC and we should fire him, but he doesn't make Jefferson throw bad passes and make bad reads. To a certain degree he probably makes Jefferson a worse player but its not his fault all together Jefferson hasn't had any success with the offense. At the same time I believe Jefferson can be a decent quarterback or at least play better if we used different plays for him. Those statement's seem kind of hypocitcal but bottom line is I believe,
    GC is a horrible OC,
    Jefferson is not a good QB but could be a capable one if used correctly,
    Lee should get at least a quarter to play against TENN for a chance.
    That is all

10. LSUMASTERMIND

LSUMASTERMIND Founding Member

something I was told today from a friend in BR, someone can confirm or not. Miles has said he will bench JJ if he cant complete passes consistently in the 1st quarter of the next game.