Seriously...do we have a REAL reason why Lee doesn't play?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by SonnyLoco, Sep 26, 2010.

1. SonnyLoco

SonnyLoco Founding Member

I mean really. Does anybody have any REAL, RELIABLE reason from the inside as to why we don't play J Lee?

Or for God's sake if we are going to PERSIST on running the option....can we put RS back there since he is the athlete? I just don't understand how we can continue to not be able to use the weapons we have.

It's embarrassing...and we have been saying for 2 1/2 years now EVERY WEEK things like "you can bet they are working on that at practice this week"....well it just ain't getting better.

I'm not trying to be a "negatiger"...but if you are concerned about the progress of this offense with JJ as the QB then you're just being unrealistic.

I feel like I speak the concerns of most of Tiger Nation, and I am not trying to just throw JJ under the bus...but he is just not getting any better than he was last year. He still runs out of bounds behind the line of scrimmage for crying out loud?

Does J Lee not at least deserve a chance? He may throw some INT's but he also throws TD's. And when he started a few years back our O-line SUCKED...and our Defense gave up tons of points too.

Someone please give me a legit reason why we refuse to change what we are trying to do. Yeah...we are 4-0...but I think we all know this isn't going to get us past the second half of our schedule with the same success. I just cant figure this out. It is just not fun to watch our offense at all.

Positive note: The Defense may be the best we've EVER had. SERIOUSLY.

2 people like this.
  2. paducahmichael

paducahmichael Tiger Band Class of '73

O.K. - play along with me here for a minute....

WHAT IF

JJ really IS the better QB. I mean, I know that's a scary, scary thought - but what it it's true.

On the other hand, Why not give Lee a chance? JJ is already a head case, so I don't think letting Lee play more series would mess up JJ anymore than he already is.

I WANT JJ to get better. I also WANT to be a millionaire. I figure the odds are just as good for one as the other. Dang.

:geaux:

3. LSU-SIU

LSU-SIU Founding Member

Because the QB position is not the problem with the offense even though Jefferson is not a SEC QB. You are not going to solve the problem by throwing countless bodies into the position in the hopes of plugging the leak.

4. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

So far, and it pains me to say this, JJ looks worse than J lee of 2008....

5. LSU_Fan_In_OK

LSU_Fan_In_OK Founding Member

I am ready to see Lee without a doubt!!!

6. CajunPunk

CajunPunk TF's Resident Realist

I agree. It's a matter of recruiting and coaching.

Obviously, Miles and his scouts have no clue what a good, young QB is, and Crowton either has no idea how to coach QBs or his hands are tied with the talent he is given.

To fix the problem, you have to get a QB that is at least good, and to do that, you have to know what a good QB looks like.

These guys haven't a clue, apparently. For the third straight year, LSU has one of the worst QB situations in the nation. THREE years in a row.

Doesn't bode well for the future.

7. paducahmichael

paducahmichael Tiger Band Class of '73

Might as well. Can't be any more frustrating to players, coaches or fans. :geaux:

8. JSracing

JSracing Founding Member

it is also very possible that Miles trusts GC to develop these two and it is also possible the GC has no idea what to do with either of them. I would wager that he presents a plan and clear cut path of improvement to Les and he approves. Then he proceeds to implement the plan that week, thinking all along he actually knows how to change JJ's mechanics and LEE's issues.

he goes home whistling checkin the mail box for a big check from LSU.

I would predict that crowton's days at LSU wont be near as long as Jimbos. And if he lingers another yr you might see them both go.

Bad coaching is BAD coaching regardless of the record.

9. LSU-SIU

LSU-SIU Founding Member

Lee has the 2nd best arm in the league in my opinion, but it does not matter and probably will not matter as long as Crowton is there. Lee has the ability to be a top QB under the right coach and system in this league.

LSU better keep winning, because as soon as a loss comes with sub-250 offense comes it's not going to be pretty.

10. SonnyLoco

SonnyLoco Founding Member

With all due respect a QB that never looks past the first option at WR, stares that WR down if he actually does decide to throw it, throws it behind him, over his head (almost getting him killed), or one hopping it to him is a problem. He also throws off of his back foot all the time, and he doesn't throw it crisp...he lobbed some balls that should have been INT's tonight.

I don't think that half of the plays that look like bad play calling are really that....I think it's bad decision making at the QB level. And it appears by body language that the WR's are losing confidence in JJ.

HOWEVER...I am in no means saying that our play calling is the greatest by any means. But I think some things that look like bad calls are actually just busted plays by bad decisions by JJ.

J Lee may suck worse....heck I don't know. Put RS in there and let him run the option if that is what your gonna do.

We have a running game now....just mix in some sort of passing game...and we got a shot. But JJ can't make the passes...he just can't. It's sad...but true.