Salt Water Fishin'!!!

Discussion in 'Sportsman's Paradise' started by Cajun Sensation, May 13, 2009.

1. Cajun Sensation

Cajun Sensation I'm kind of a big deal Staff Member

I grew up on the Gulf Coast. Growing up, I did very little fresh water fishing. Although I do some bream and bass fishing and sometimes run limb lines for tabby cats, I spend alot of my free time saltwater fishing. Some inshore, alot of offshore. Specks, reds, flounder, Cobia, wahoo, snapper. You name it. I love it.

My stompin grounds is the Ms Gulf Coast. I've heard alot about Cocodrie and Delacroix but I've never been. I do own a fishing camp (a house on stilts) on Bayou LaCroix in Bay St. Louis, MS, too. It's just a hop skip and a jump away from Chandeleur Islands and the Biloxi Marsh, etc...

Where do y'all do your saltwater fishin?

1 person likes this.
  2. xlnsports

xlnsports Cajun In Exile

Dauphin Island Alabama... great reef fishing the state has sunks lots of reefs and it has paid off. sunk 100 sherman tanks about 7 or 8 years ago and it has paid off. Just about all the gill netters are gone so maybe we can get some mullet back in bay area. I like King fishing for fun and we catch lots of snapper, grouper, dolphin etc...

3. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

Used to fish Delacroix, but hated dealing with the locals, especially the shrimp Nazi. Now I fish mostly around Golden Meadow and Fourchon, with occasional trips to Cocodrie and Cypremort Point.

The time is definitely getting right to hit the big ones on the beaches. I need some vacation so me and Jose Cuervo can take a trip to the coast.

4. LSUMASTERMIND

LSUMASTERMIND Founding Member

Ft. Lauderdale Marina or Lake Worth Pier. The thing about saltwater fishing is you have to be in shape. I once spent an hour reeling in a dolphin just to let it go.

5. Fishhead

Fishhead Founding Member

:lol: Ah yes, Serignes Marina. You should have done like I did about 20+ years ago. I started pulling off the road at Reggio Marina and launching. About 3 miles before you get to Serignes, on the left, some of the nicest people I have met. ALWAYS tell you where to go and what to use...and they actually tell the truth!:shock: Nice folks...I will see them tomorrow...AND Saturday! Got to make up for some lost time, and some redfish must pay the ultimate sacrifice.:po:
    -
    I remember once at Serignes...the LAST time I set foot inside their establishment...I walked in to pay for the launch and buy some shrimp. The "lady" says when I walk in the door..."What do YOU want"? :huh: I answered "To give you money, biatch". I went back out, told them to load my boat back on the trailer, and went to launch at End of the World.:wave: Never been back to Serignes.:cool:

1 person likes this.
  6. Nutriaitch

Nutriaitch Fear the Buoy

mostly fish Montegut since I live less than a mile from the launch.
    but from that launch, I can also be in Lake Boudreaux (Chauvin) in about 2 minutes, so we hit that up pretty regular.

back in the day, we fished the sulphur mines in Pointe-Aux-Chenes pretty regular, but we had some vandalism issues at the marina, so we quit going out that way.

still sometimes fish the Cocodrie area, and at least a couple times a year we head out to the islands (Timbalier, and Last Isle) to look for Bull Reds or fish the rocks for big specks.

and a few times every summer we launch in Grand Isle and head inland a lil ways fishing the cuts and canals back that way.

7. RHans405

RHans405 Let's Roll

Venice. I don't live close enough to the coast to go very often but I have a friend who charters so I go with him from time to time. I mostly fresh water fish the Atchafalaya.

8. LSUGradin99

LSUGradin99 I Bleedeth Purple 'N Gold

I need soem of you to take me fishing. :thumb:

9. Cajun Sensation

Here's a Mahi Mahi that I nailed last year. Filet'ed him on the boat and treated ourselves to a little sushi while we were out.

10. Cajun Sensation

Here's me repping LSU in Costa Rica and eating the FRESHEST Mahi Mahi in history.....a year ago today.