Saints Vs Giants

Discussion in 'New Orleans Saints Forum' started by Cajun Sensation, Oct 14, 2009.

1. Cajun Sensation

Cajun Sensation I'm kind of a big deal Staff Member

Sunday kickoff at noon on Fox.

Battle of the unbeatens. This should be a great game. I think the Saints will probably get back to airing it out. I don't really have a reason to predict that, but it's been a couple of games since Brees has really busted someone's ass through the air.

Look for our D to continue their good play. The Dome should be rockin. This may be our biggest test yet.

Saintslogo

Let's hear your thoughts......

2. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

I'm gonna play us a Marty Balin clip, if you don't mind:

YouTube - JEFFERSON STARSHIP - Runaway (Stereo)

Run, run, run....run away

That's what the Saints need to continue to do vs the Giants.

They gave up nearly 300 rushing yards to Dallas early in the season. They allow 4.8 yards per carry defensively. And that's factoring in Oakland and KC into the mix.

Brees will get his shots, but it's more of the same winning formula. Run, take your shots in the passing game, and play excellent defense.

The Giants' wideouts are nothing to write home about. They are decent. The Saints should not have issues containing the Giants passing game. Therefore, we should be able to load the box and stop their 2 headed monster in Jacobs/Bradshaw.

Should be a great game.

Saints 27, Giants 17

Saints with an early inside track to playing 2 games at home on the NFC side of the playoff picture.

3. islstl

This game is critical.

Saints lose and it's an uphill climb to get homefield away from the Giants (2 games behind, essentially). I don't wanna have to go in the cold like we did in Chicago in early January.

Let's win this game and be on our way to eliminating that possibilty, shall we?

4. orlandotiger

orlandotiger GEAUX TIGERS!

I am very nervous for this game! I am praying for the best and hoping that Brees airs it out to Colston (on my fantasy league). But I hope we win first! I think I may be ok losing my first place spot to get the Saints win!

5. DarkHornet

DarkHornet Louisiana Sports Fan

This game definitely has me nervous. The Giants look like they may be the most complete league, and definitely the most complete team we've faced to this point. If there is a weakness, I think it's their rush defense. I'm hoping that Mike Bell lives up to his talk this week and gashes the Giants defense for 100+. I think we'll have to be patient on offense and just take what the Giants give us. Good news is that how we pretty much operate all the time.

It'll be interesting to see if the crowd can cause a few false starts or blown assignments this weekend. It'll also be interesting to see how Eli holds up for 4 quarters against our defense. Hoping we can get ahead, then Sharper does his thing against Eli. Manning threw all of 10 passes against the Raiders. He hasn't been put in a position to have to throw a lot since his injury.

6. islstl

The talk all week is the unjuries that are plaguing the Giants defensive backfield.

So Brees might be a little more successful than I anticipated. I still think it will end up being a balanced attack (230 passing, 150 rushing).

7. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

What is the word?

Pierre Thomas out with hamstring injury and Bell 100%?

8. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

is that true? I got Bell on my bench, and playing ahmad bradshaw. If thomas isn't playing i am going to go with Bell.

9. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

I heard on the radio yesteray that Pierre was doubtful but this is what I just dug up.

Fantasy Football Breaking News - Rotoworld.com

10. islstl

PT is fine.

I just picked up Bell in my league at work. Those guys are slow.

I might play him. I think he will get more snaps than PT since he appears to be the healthier of the 2.