Saints @ Bucs

Discussion in 'New Orleans Saints Forum' started by Cajun Sensation, Nov 17, 2009.

1. Cajun Sensation

Cajun Sensation I'm kind of a big deal Staff Member

Another division rivalry game which should be a good one. The injury bug has bitten the Saints hard and hopefully we will be able to to into Tampa and come out with another victory keeping us unbeaten.

On paper the Saints should win. The line is N.O. -11

I don't know that the Saints cover (because I think the injuries catch up with us).

The game is Sunday at high noon of Fox.

2. Cajun Sensation

Cajun Sensation I'm kind of a big deal Staff Member

Here are some player notes that I peeled off the internet FYI:

• RCB Tracy Porter has a sprained medial collateral ligament in his left knee, and he could be back on the field within six weeks. It was reported Sunday by one media outlet that he had a torn ACL, but that was incorrect.
    • FS Darren Sharper, who has a sprained right knee, did not play against the Rams, and his availability for Sunday's contest at Tampa Bay was unknown Monday.
    • FS Usama Young, who was a cornerback for his first two NFL seasons, made his first start at safety in place of Darren Sharper.
    • LCB Jabari Greer was inactive for the game with the Rams because of a groin injury, and his status for the Bucs game is not known.
    • LCB Randall Gay replaced Jabari Greer in the starting lineup against the Rams.
    • DT Sedrick Ellis has been sidelined for the past three games with a sprained right knee, and his return date is uncertain.
    • WR Lance Moore missed his second consecutive game Sunday with a sprained left ankle, and it's not known when he'll return.
    • SLB Scott Fujita was back in the starting lineup against the Rams after missing three consecutive games with a strained left calf.

3. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

I'm going to wait for the mid-week injury report before making a prediction on this one. But just to take some of the suspense out....no matter who's out, I'll be predicting a Saints victory Saintslogo

4. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

Saints 34, Bucs 16

5. TigerFan23

TigerFan23 USMC Tiger

I really think the Rams game was an eye-opener for us. The previous three games were big, emotional games. Sure the Falcons are falling apart and the Panthers haven't been great all year, but they're still division rivals, which always heightens the difficulty of the games.

But the Rams have just been downright horrible all year and there was no reason for them to put up as much of a fight as they did. I think the team takes it personally and will punish Tampa for it. It was good to see Reggie have a great game, I think it was huge for his confidence, which I'm sure has been shaken this year with his lack of productivity. Now if we could just get him to return punts like he was last year, we'd be money. With the pickup of McCalister, I'll bet we rest Sharper and Greer one more week to get them primed and ready to go for New England. Drew will make up for his turnovers this game.

1 person likes this.
  6. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Tampa Bay has been playing better over the last few weeks. They have a good run game that may cause some problems, Saints should win this game, but i think its going to be another close one.

Saints 31
    Bucs 24

7. DarkHornet

DarkHornet Louisiana Sports Fan

I think this one will end up closer than anyone would like, but in the end, we're way too talented to not win this game. If we can tighten up the turnovers we've had the last few weeks, we win this one going away. If not, we'll be sweating in the 4th.

8. RHans405

RHans405 Let's Roll

I don't think so. I think it ends in a route. Even with our injuries, Tampa's inexperience (at QB) will kill them.

9. LEGACY TIGER

LEGACY TIGER Defy Yourself

Saints put the (Try to give the game away bug behind them), and get back on track. A bitter divisional game, the Bucs put up a good fight for, oooohhhhh 5 mins and the Saints take it to the house.

Saints - 45 Saintslogo

Bucs - 17

Bank on it.

10. ok awesome

ok awesome geaux

I think we go back to the old fashioned beatdown style, minimize our turnovers, maximize theirs, and come out with a victory along the lines of 45-10.