Rumor's Flying already about Brady being fired at the end of this season.

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by lsu_craig, Feb 10, 2002.

1. lsu_craig

lsu_craig Freshman

The scuttle-butt is Emeritt has already put Brady on the watch-list and that he will step in after this season to fire him. I know many want Brady to stay the same way they wanted DiNardo to get another year...but I for one am happy to hear the news and believe it must be done as painful as to many this may be. It's time to move on and get back to at least competing in basketball. I hope the guys giving this information are not just blowing smoke which one of them I know personally and they've gotten pretty good info in the past....

we'll see

2. Tigernut4

Tigernut4 Founding Member

THIS MUST BE WHAT HEAVEN IS LIKE, JOHN BRADY FINALLY GETTING FIRED. I DONT WANT ANY 1 REPLYIN SAYIN HE WENT TO THE SWEET 16,HELL ANY BODY CAN BRING A TEAM WITH STRO AND JABARI TO THE SWEET SIXTEEN. IF ANYBODY REMEMBERS BRADY GOT HIS ASS OUTCOACHED AGAINST WISCONSIN.

3. lsu_craig

lsu_craig Freshman

Like it or not......

It's time for the guy to go. I like him, great guy, he loves LSU, etc, etc. But it's time.

He made recruiting blunder after recruiting blunder and at this point, I can't tell if they are running any offense. It's interesting he brings up shooting confidence for the players and they don't have any. He brought this on by screaming at them like a friggin' maniac. It's different when Tubby Smith screams at his guys....they are better players and are winning. When you get drummed by 30 by Ole Miss you lose your confidence and then getting screamed at for shooting and missing, just makes it worse.

I don't call what they're running an offense.....

4. Rouster

Rouster Freshman

I would probably agree that it is time to move on. My problem with Brady more than anything is recruiting. I will again say that Birght isn't a PG and this team will be mediocre until they get one. Thompson handles the ball well, but won't shoot. Whipple handles the ball well, but can't shoot. Young is totally lost out there. You can put all the big people you want down low, if you don't have some shooters from the outside you are in trouble. I do like the fact that the team is still playing very hard, but we must get some scorers. By the way What happened to Hudson, he looked great early, but can't hit the backboard lately. I sure hope they go get a good one because getting our @$$ kicked every game sucks.

5. lsu_craig

lsu_craig Freshman

Right on....

I think you hit the nail on the head. I don't have a problem at all with how hard they play...they play hard always and that's great. But right now, I can't tell what the point of the offense is and the shooting is horrible. Whether or not it's fair to Brady, I think it's time for a change. I still think he'll get another year but I could be wrong. We need some new excitement in the program and somebody who can recruit. I wrote all over the place last year that the Young recruitment I couldn't understand. It baffled my mind how he could recruit somebody that everybody knew would be ineligible with your only schollie....made no sense. he did so while complaining about how he only had 5 scholarship players...you would have had more idiot but you put yourself in that position. Anyway...time to move on and find a few shooters.....

6. MikeBTigers

MikeBTigers Freshman

I've been a Brady supporter for years now. I like his fire and his will, but I am tired of losing!! Those couple of wins last week or so were great, but there is no excuse for losing that GA game. We had a chance to ice and a chance to win. He called a play called "13 clear" both times. That appears to be a play where we let Torris dribble around for 15 seconds then throw it to Dupree to let him "make something happen." Hey, that's inventive.

I think the drinkin and tail-chasing is wearing him down. Matter of fact, he is beginning to resemble Curly Hallman in more than one respect. The "I don't know what's wrong" responses, the coeds, etc..

i wish he had his **** together enough to keep him. He seems like a good coach. Maybe deserves one more year as a "second chance" but when you coach in the big leagues, you better deliver. That's the harsh reality of major college coaching and Brady must know that.

I don't get much of a read on how the players repond to him. Any word on that?

C'mon Brady, get it together!!

7. lsu99

lsu99 whashappenin

I keep going back and forth on the Brady thing. I agree that the J. Young scholarship appears to be a mistake. However, I don't have a problem with some of the other players he's recruited (Stro, Dupree, Collis, Hudson, along with the JC recruits) and I've heard the two post players that are eligible next year also have big time talent. If LSU just makes it to the dance next year, it shouldn't be difficult to recruit top quality guys.

If a new coach WOULD come in next year (assume Collis is healthy and Dupree returns), I think he could bring LSU to the NCAA tourney in his first year. I think Brady could do it also. Who do you want to take you there? That's probably what will factor in making the decision on LSU's coach long-term. I know that Brady's a good coach (X's and O's) but does he have the intangibles that you want?

I disagree that the Sweet 16 appearance was all due to the players. The team was very talented but extremely raw. It took a good leader to make that team gell. Stro and Jabari aren't exactly tearing it up yet (but Stro will).

Everyone is frustrated, but there are reasons to be optimistic whoever the coach is. The rotation next year will include Dupree, Collis, Bright, Hudson, Bridgewater, T. Davis, the two post guys coming in and other role players. We can even finally afford to suffer an injury during the season (as long as it isn't Dupree). LSU basketball will be back very soon.