Rooney is partly correct

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by Sophandros, Oct 10, 2002.

1. Sophandros

Sophandros Freshman

http://msn.espn.go.com/nfl/news/2002/1010/1443917.html

The ones who have commented (Kolber, Cohn) know what they are talking about and deserve to be out there on the set or sideline. I'd put Chris McKendry and Pam Oliver up there, as well. But MOST of the hotties they have on the sidelines right now are there because they are, well, hotties. And that's wrong. The NOW chick should be talking about that; she should demand that a woman with a brain be on the sidelines as opposed to Ms. Stark et al.

2. Tigre

Tigre Founding Member

I agree

and I for one think sideline reporters should be scrapped totally. I dont want my coach getting stalled before halftime so he can tell the nation what went wrong/right in the first half. It takes away from the game and clearly irritates the coaches. Plus most of them are nothing more than eye candy. You may as well go hire a stripper and train her to ask "Coach, what went wrong in the first half?" "Do you plan to make any adjustments for the second half?". I mean goodness, do they consider this journalism?

3. Ellis Hugh

Ellis Hugh Space Wrangler

I agree Tigre. The male sideline reporters suck too, and they take up valuable locker-room time.

(Maybe they use the women because they think the coaches might be more agreeable to do the interview;) )

Even worse, the coach that goes 2nd has to wait for the 1st to be done and gets delayed even more!

4. Tigre

Tigre Founding Member

I remember earlier this year

Gary Barnett from Colorado becoming visibly angry at Rob Stone when he asked him if he was going to pull his QB. Just another example of "button pushing" journalism. If that question annoyed Barnett even for a second and took his mind off of his gameplan, then the networks gave CSU an unfair advantage. Screw these sideline reporters. Get them out of the picture. I know that as a fan I have NO interest in hearing what the coach has to say as he's heading to the locker room, even though I would pay to be there the day Nick Saban physically attacks Jordy Hultberg.

5. Biggles

Biggles Founding Member

Hmmm....

Eric Dickerson or dude from ESPN (anyone) or Jill Arrington or Mellisa Stark....
    ???????

6. Tigre

Tigre Founding Member

Let me amend my statement

I dont mind the reporters on the sideline (Infact, I quite enjoy Jill Arrington), but I dont like them getting in the way. I think any reporter who gets in the way, or even speaks to the coach should have their laundry done by Najeh Davenport.