Ricky Williams fails Drug test, again...

Discussion in 'OTHER SPORTS Forum' started by TenTexLA, May 11, 2007.

1. TenTexLA

TenTexLA Founding Member

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/4796635.html

I thought he proclaimed that he no longer smoked Marijuana and he was now a Yoga Head.

Question: Are all NFL players tested for Marijuana or do you have to get caught first, then you get tested for the rest of you playing days?

Question: Are all college Athlete's tested for drugs now?

My understanding is that a large number of Pro Athletes smoke the weed. If I had the talent and opportunity to play any pro sport I would devote my every living minute to protecting and supporting my gift and give back when ever I could. It's such a rarity to make it to the pro's in any sport.

What's wrong with all these guys that piss away their careers on drugs, thuggery, guns, dog/cock fighting, "making it rain", did I miss one?

1 person likes this.
  2. friedriches

friedriches mr. t

Honestly, I'm not suprised. I know I've already mentioned this phrase once this week in one of the Round Table threads, but "Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me." really comes to mind here. And the sad thing is that this isn't even the 3rd time. He's labored in obscurity and (relative) poverty for some time now, with everyone saying that they'll welcome him back with welcome (if somewhat skeptical) open arms but still he insists on doing this. At some point you have to realize that he's made his priorities very clear and that he should never be welcomed back into the NFL.

3. USMTiger

USMTiger Founding Member

Boy we sure don't want football players smoking a plant that makes you giggle. Think of the children!

4. TigerKid05

TigerKid05 Say Whaa!?!?

Thats the "No S***" news story of the day

5. RHans405

RHans405 Let's Roll

Dope head. Let him retire (flunk out). He'll owe Miami 8.4 million dollars. :shock:

6. PhilosophyAskew

PhilosophyAskew Founding Member

Smoking grass would only put someone at a disadvantage, I don't see the point in putting a ban on something that is not a performance enhancer. If I was the commisioner I would be much more concerned with steroids and speed type drugs, as those alter the personality in a much more negative and dangerous way. It's a pity that weed gets the blame because it stays in the system up to a month or longer, rather than 2 or 3 days. My question for Ricky is why aren't you smart enough to pass one of these things? Apparently money doesn't increase the old IQ.

7. Bengal Buddy

Bengal Buddy Founding Member

What else is new?

8. NoLimitMD

NoLimitMD Founding Member

The only logical inference from this is that Ricky simply doesn't want to play pro football. I can't say that I blame him.

The logic of testing pro athletes (or most other professions) is entirely indefensible.

9. PhilosophyAskew

PhilosophyAskew Founding Member

Hasn't he been playing Canadian ball? The only thing that I can think of is that he doesn't want to go back to being a workhorse with 30+ carries a game. I seem to remember Tiki Barber stating that he just didn't want to take the pounding anymore last season when he announced he was retiring. As much as I'm a fan of running the football, that's one position I would never want to play.

10. Nutriaitch

Nutriaitch Fear the Buoy

Driving drunk through Cincinatti doesn't give you a competitve edge either, but it's still illegal.