Reed is runnin a 4.3 now

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Tigernut4, Mar 10, 2002.

1. Tigernut4

Tigernut4 Founding Member

did yall guys hear reed is running a 4.3, could yall imagine if he ran a 4.3 at LSU??????????

2. MobileBengal

MobileBengal Founding Member

Where did you get that info? If he is really running a 4.3 now, with the way he runs his routes, he could be an incredible NFL receiver. Speed, power, sharpness, and incredible hands. I cant wait to see him on sundays.

3. CrimsonPirate

CrimsonPirate Founding Member

You guys can't wait to see Reed on Sundays and I'll be really glad to see him on Sundays. Bama got enough of that guy on Saturdays. Dang, what a pair of hands!

BTW, new on the board. Looking forward to talking to y'all.

4. glenlivet12

glenlivet12 Founding Member

Reed got my vote for biggest rookie impact player last week on espn or whereever the poll was - that kid just makes things happen.

5. glenlivet12

Actually the way he burned people in the SEC last year, I'm not sure he wasn't already running a 4.3 and LSU just wasn't reporting it! ;)

6. MobileBengal

MobileBengal Founding Member

He burned people by getting separation BEFORE catching the ball. There were lots of corners who could chase him down, but they had to realize what just happened to them first. His speed was not his strength. He has quickness and awesome agility, sometimes masquerading as speed.

7. glenlivet12

Exactly! He ran like a running back (maybe his experiences will encourage more teams/kids/coaches to convert rb's to wr's) in traffic and could cut and turn and spin like nobody else. He still did look like he could turn in a good clip in the open field, maybe not 4.3, but close.

8. lsu99

lsu99 whashappenin

I still believe 40 times are overrated, but where did the 4.3 time come from? I'd like to see it. If Reed can only run a 4.6, he can still be successful on the next level by doing the things he does best. Which opposing cornerback said he gives you the "rope-a-dope" like Ali? It was towards the end of the season but I forget which team it was against.