Randall Mackey

Discussion in 'LSU RECRUITING' started by P&G_wheelz007, Dec 8, 2007.

1. P&G_wheelz007

P&G_wheelz007 Football anyone?

I have a couple of questions about this kid. Obviously, I am from North LA. This QB has been the starter at Bastrop High for 3 years, and they've won 40+ straight games and will play in their 3rd straight class 4A State Championship today. He has technically won both of the first two, but had the first championship taken away because of an ineligible player(s).

This kid has dominated his competition, and he's a winner.

My 3 questions are:
    1) Why isn't their more hype about this kid?
    2) Will he not qualify academically?
    3) What's the scoop on him?

:crystal: :geaux: :crystal: :geaux: :crystal:

2. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

3. pjnchamps

pjnchamps Founding Member

I dont know but he's a winner and I really like his style of play and talent. Has the potential to be a great player.

4. DwayneBowned

DwayneBowned Founding Member

There has been a lot of talk about him, a lot of people want him here. Especially now with Darron Thomas possibly going somewhere else, Mackey would be great. The only reason against him that I've seen is that he's not tall enough, which is a pretty dumb reason seeing people like Drew Brees, Troy Smith, Chase Daniels and Todd Reesing excelling in their college years. I would love to have Mackey here, not sure what the hold up is.

Also, getting him and Jordan Jefferson gives us two guys competing for the state championship in their class. Pretty impressive and will help a lot with future Louisiana recruits.

5. P&G_wheelz007

P&G_wheelz007 Football anyone?

I don't understand why he is only a 3 star recruit. It could be his height, but he has absolutely been brilliant for 3 years at Bastrop.

I sure hope someone has additional information.

:geaux:

6. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

One of the main reasons we might not take him is because of the top QBs next year on our board. Not just from LA but around our main recruiting spots. One from Mobile comes to mind and another from TX. We actually already took a commit from 2 QBs which is one more than I expected in this class.

7. LSUalum24

LSUalum24 Founding Member

LSU already had a QB committed similar (Thomas) to Mackey and he decommitted apparently when it became apparent he wouldn't see the field at QB. The Jeffersons are going to see the field at QB if at all at LSU. There is no reason to take a third QB in the same class. Mackey apparently is committed to playing QB only, be it at a smaller school if necessary. Personally, I like what I've seen of Jordan Jefferson better then Mackey.

8. BostonBengal

BostonBengal Founding Member

Well, FYI, of the players you listed, Smith, Daniels and Brees are all taller than Mackey. And Reesing is the same height.

I know what you're saying though. Height shouldn't be the "end-all, be-all" and you have to judge a player based on his ability to be a football player, but I think it's clear that every coach/school has their own idea/philosophy as to what they want a player to be at each position.

9. K_Jay

K_Jay Founding Member

10. BamaBengalTiger

BamaBengalTiger Geaux Tigers !!!!!

I think it has been posted before, but I don't think he will has the grades. I've watched him play, and he is very impressive, but you have to qualify. Oh yeah, Bastrop won the 4A championship again today. First half was something like 300+ yds for Bastrop, 2 against, so it isn't just the QB!!!