Raider fan with a question

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by J-Rock, May 3, 2007.

1. J-Rock

J-Rock Freshman

I just wanted to know if you guys knew why Russell changed his jersey number from 4 to 2.

I've heard that Russell has a tattoo of the #2 on his arm I'm not sure if thats true or not.

Thank you for your time.

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  2. LSUTigers1404

LSUTigers1404 Founding Member

He wore the #2 in high school. When he came to LSU in 2003, Shyrone Carey was wearing #2. After Shyrone left, Russell changed his number to 2.

2 people like this.
  3. RHans405

RHans405 Let's Roll

Will Aaron Brooks give him that number? (or perhaps will he be cut). :D

1 person likes this.
  4. bigbowe80

bigbowe80 Founding Member

Aaron Brooks is already gone from the Raiders organization I'm pretty sure I heard.

1 person likes this.
  5. "Hurricane"

"Hurricane" Founding Member

Yeah, I think he does have a tattoo. He's been wearing #2 long before coming to LSU but it wasnt available. When it became available, he changed. I've also heard he changed it for a new start, because he was coming off injury.
    You guys are lucky, he's a top quality guy, very humble and will sacrifice himself for the team.
    Did you know that he played the entire 2005 season with torn wrist ligaments? Sometimes his wrist would be very swollen after a game that he wouldnt practice for 3-4 days, and he never told the coaches about it. He also separated a shoulder in the SEC championship game. In the offseason, he had surgeries on his wrist and his shoulder.
    I've also read that there is a guy who Russell went to his camp in Cal when he was young. And a few days ago, they were on the same plane. With all the publicity he has, Russell walked to the guy and asked him if he could remember him. Just an example of his character. As for the question for his work ethics, the torn wrist ligaments is a very good example. As for the love of the game, he's been playing football since he was 5. And every year, he would make a list for the things he wanted to do as a kid. And on topp of the list is always the senior bowl in his hometown Mobile. He would sit and watch and dream about becoming a football player.
    If Russell fails at Oakland, then I would blame Oakland more than I would blame Russell, because I know Russell, I know his talent, I know how hard he works to achieve and how competitive he is and his desire to become the best. It is the Raiders responsibility to surround him with a positive environment and good coaching.

2 people like this.
  6. COTiger

COTiger 2010 Bowl Pick 'Em Champ

The Raiders didn't exercise his option in February so he's a free agent.

7. HatcherTiger

HatcherTiger Freedom Isn't Free

Aaron Brooks is trying his hand at Little League baseball.

8. khounba

khounba Founding Member

I hope he doesn't think that adding a glove is going to help him hang on to damn ball.

9. DRC

DRC TigerNator

His tattoo says "The Chosen One". He had it in high school when I saw him play as a junior the first time. He got it pretty young.

10. J-Rock

J-Rock Freshman

Thanks for the input guys.