R.I.P. Pontiac

Discussion in 'New Roundtable' started by PodKATT, Apr 27, 2009.

1. PodKATT

PodKATT Time to Put Your Pants On

And so it begins. The first official victim of GM's restructuring is Pontiac. Great write-up here

Jalopnik - Pontiac Is Dead... Again - Pontiac Is Dead

Hate to see it go, but the line-up lately has been crap. Just a bunch of re-badged Holdens and that crime against humanity that is the G3.

Anybody got any great Screamin' Chicken memories to share?

2. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

I learned how to drive in a '55 Pontiac. I wish I still had it.

3. CajunlostinCali

CajunlostinCali Booger Eatin Moron

When I was a broke dick horn-dog GI I had a bitchin 91 Grand Am. I out ran a tornado in it heading south on the 35 to Austin. I passed all the cops parked under a bridge already. Folks simply know how to party in Austin. 3 kegs and a band in the back yard and here comes some coonass, on time, as usual.

She was a sweet ride and other then a lil bit of Saturday, under a tree, replacing an alternator, she got a thumbs up. :thumb: I called her Trigger. She drove me home through some of the most miserable times and that of the best. Her last ride took me to California the day I was discharged and got me some decent coin in trade, for a Yota. That said...

Eff you Pontiac/ GM for dropping outta NASCAR and geauxing fart factory throughout your remaining days. Eff you both. :)

4. TexasTigers

TexasTigers Are You With Me ?

Man,
    What a american tragedy.
    The Trans AM.

I still think to this day the Trans Am Firebird (Like the Bandits) is one of the greatest American muscle cars.
    But also I wont miss the crap they put out since then (The Fiero what a piece of garbage that was) or those brutal SUV's

5. TigerKid05

TigerKid05 Say Whaa!?!?

My first car was a 1990 Grand Prix LE that had around 180,000 miles when i got it, two toned deep red and silver on the bottom, power everything (except the passenger side rear window didnt work). plush red interior that you would see in an old lady's car

i put 17" polished aluminum wheels on it and a flowmaster series 40 muffler to make it grumble like a big V8. the sound was awesome once the transmission dropped into overdrive

had the 3.1 V6, column shift. great motor until it jumped time when it was really cold out. bent the push rods and busted the valves. rebuilt the top end of the motor and it was back to normal. bought it for $1000 and sold to some kid for $1200. didnt last long after that. damn kid

1 person likes this.
  6. TigerKid05

TigerKid05 Say Whaa!?!?

the were done for when they decided to produce the asscrack...er, the aztec

7. TexasTigers

Yes the Aztec was Pontiac "Jumping the Shark"

I think Buick is next.
    Just need to keep Caddy, GM, and Chevy.....

8. TigerKid05

TigerKid05 Say Whaa!?!?

buick is a money maker. get rid of hummer and Saab

9. TexasTigers

Buick Really. I always think of Buick as "old people" cars.
    I dont know anyone under the age of 50 who owns a buick. I know they have some nice SUV's and stuff. Just dont see many around.
    Maybe you are right. For sure about Hummer and Saab.

Saturn as well. I know they have a loyal following but I heard they are pieces of junk.
    I LOVE my Tahoe. Its the best car I have ever owned and will probably be my car of choice until the stop selling them.

10. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

this is what happens when you go from muscle cars to adding useless, fake spoilers on sewing machines.