Proud to be a Tiger

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by saltyone, Sep 11, 2005.

1. saltyone

saltyone So Mote It Be

I've tried to read all of the threads from the game, and feel compelled to make an observation or two. First, Wow! There is no denying that we have a leader on this team and his name is JaMarcus Russell. Russell's performance is what we all expected of this truly talented young man.

We went on the road and pulled off a great win against a really good team. The chemistry of the team looks solid. Coach Mile's game presence is wonderful. Here is something for everyone to think about; would this team, with Saban and staff, have won this game all things being equal? I, for one, do not think so. Every card in the deck was stacked against us and we came out of it victorious. In the past this would be a game that we lose.

Without a doubt, there are some question marks. We will have to wait and see how Pelini and the defense react to last night. We need to cut him some slack, there have been past teams in past games get passed on like that.

I am very proud to be a Tiger!

2. northernvatiger

northernvatiger Founding Member

Great post! I, too, am proud to be a Tiger, and very proud of how the team did not give up last night after being down by 10 at the start of the 4th quarter. This team has character and the D did come through when it had to. Agreed, there are some question marks -- aren't there always after just one game? I'm willing to cut Pellini some slack. Let's see how things play out. Right now, let's be happy and savor this great win!

:geauxtige

3. clair

clair Rockets

isn't it cool how we can are so good that we can COMPLAIN about things when we just beat #15 on the road? lol

4. Cajun J

Cajun J Founding Member

I'll gladly give Pellini some slack when he tightens the slack in our DEF...:yelwink2:

5. northernvatiger

I know -- I must admit it was tough to watch knowing that we couldn't stop their passing attack. At least we did when the game was absolutely on the line. I'm not overjoyed at giving up over 400 yards passing though. That's very un-Tiger like and certainly hope that we improve in that area. :thumb:

6. Veritas

Veritas Founding Member

:hihi:

7. northernvatiger

Hey Veritas --

I see you live in Oakton, VA...I'm in Centreville.

When did you graduate? I got my Master's in Journalism in '85. Overall I was in BR from 1983-88.

8. JSracing

JSracing Founding Member

Very Proud to be a Tiger. The respect from the media, deserved or not, the win, the whole dedication thing, and yeah very proud of the new coach and all the boys. GREAT! :geauxtige

would we have won with Saban? well who knows since he is gone, but more than likely Salty....we would have won by 20 :shock: LOL sorry bro, JMHO. :hihi:

BUT on with it! give us the VOLS for TIGAH BAIT! :geauxtige :geauxtige

9. tylertiger

tylertiger Geaux Tigers

VERY WELL STATED. ASU had already played one game and gotten all the bugs worked out. For us to bet them just coming out of the chute... well it was a great performance. Geaux Tigers :lsup:

10. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Well, then give him some time. Breaking in a new defense with a new coach in an opening game on the road against a top-15 team is not going to produce a squad that functions as smoothly as Nick's defense after five years.

If LSU can work out the kinks despite opening against two ranked opponents, I will feel very good about our season.