PLAYOFFS-Saints Vs Cardinals Saturday @ 3:30

Discussion in 'New Orleans Saints Forum' started by Cajun Sensation, Jan 11, 2010.

1. Cajun Sensation

Cajun Sensation I'm kind of a big deal Staff Member

Saturday at 3:30pm CST

Will this game turn into a shootout like yesterday's game against Green Bay? If it does, is a shootout with the Cardinals the answer to our offensive woes? I think a shootout is just what the Dr. ordered.

Keep an eye on Boldin this weekend. Our secondary will have their hands full with the likes of Fitzgerald, Boldin, Doucet, Breaston, etc...

On the flipside, they will have the same issue.

This game has shootout written all over it. I think we'll be the last man standing in this shootout. What say you?

2. burlesontiger

burlesontiger Founding Member

Re: PLAYOFFS-Saints Vs Cardinals

It'll be a tricky game for Gregg Williams. Much like Brees, Warner gets rid of the ball very quickly, so blitzing will be tough. On the other hand, if you drop back and cover, he can pick you apart. I think this will be much like yesterday's game where 1 or 2 defensive stops the entire game may make the difference.

Assuming, of course the Saints offense of the first half of the season shows up. I betting with everybody healthy, it will (that means YOU, Shockey).

3. LSUMASTERMIND

LSUMASTERMIND Founding Member

Defense is the key to this game. Both teams can put points up, but whoever makes those impact defensive plays will win this game.
    Hopefully thats the WhoDats.

4. arizonafan

arizonafan Veteran Member

I think it's going to be a shootout as well. An advantage we have is all of our banged up defense has been resting & getting healthy. Meanwhile the Cards are in the process of getting banged up. Other than Bolden all of their important injuries are on defense. The way Early has been playing for about 7 weeks now I don't think they miss Bolden all that much. The key to stopping them is to some how get to Warner. He is slightly less mobile than a fence post so if we can at least get him to move around he sometimes throws picks. If he can set up clean & gets in a rythm......watch out!

5. KyleK

KyleK Who, me? Staff Member

I say if you wait till then you're gonna miss it!

Saturday 1/16 3:30pm CST

6. diamondheadtiger

diamondheadtiger Founding Member

:grin:

7. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Whats the over on this game 150? This was the one match up i thought that would really hurt the Saints. They must pressure Warner. If that guy is on, fahgetaboutit!!!

8. burlesontiger

burlesontiger Founding Member

I actually think this is the best match up possible (except had the Eagles won). I was surprised at how bad GB's defense played yesterday-I was afraid they would've given the Saints some problems.

Maybe that should make me more worried that the Cards were able to move on them so easily, but I still feel pretty good about this game.

9. diamondheadtiger

diamondheadtiger Founding Member

I agree, and he cried foul throughout a good part of the game.

10. arizonafan

arizonafan Veteran Member

This is so true. I've seen posts where fans were hoping he has an off day. Don't bet the rent money on it. He is kind of like a machine. But if you hit/pressure that machine it starts to kind of fall apart. He also has a bad habit of how he holds the ball when scanning down field. Breese, like a lot of other good NFL QB's, holds it with 2 hands. Warner often does not. The coaches have worked with him on this but under heat he forgets a lot of times. The result is if you nail him blind side he usually fumbles.
    Their defense is somewhat like ours which is not all that great but they went on the roll in the playoffs last year by all of a sudden getting aggressive and getting LOTS of turnovers, about 3 per game if I remember. Notice they did this against GB. When we were rolling and killing people we were doing the same thing. Lately we haven't been getting the turnovers and everything has suffered. Neither team has a Steelers/Ravens type of defense so turnovers are critical to both teams.
    Incidentally their offense is a lot like ours as well but we have better/faster receivers. If it's truly a back & forth shootout we probably win. We have more dangerous weapons.