Players starting to grumble about playing time at USC.

Discussion in 'New Orleans Saints Forum' started by Andouille, Oct 1, 2008.

1. Andouille

Andouille Guest

http://www.fannation.com/truth_and_rumors/view/71938

I can certainly feel his frustration but did he not realize there were 5-6 other 5 star running backs committing when he signed with USC?

USC fans have been questioning the same thing as well. Instead of manning up and playing tough football they've been playing that cutesy crap like direct snaps to Joe McKnight. Even after McKnight has proven to be ineffective the USC coaches really didn't give other guys the chance. USC fans are crying that Carroll is playing favorites.

How many top recruits do you think Carroll sweet-talked by telling them they're going to be the next Reggie Bush at USC? :rofl:

After the way Joe McKnight treated LSU during his recruitment I really enjoy watchig him not live up to his hype.

2. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

3. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

I'm surprised that they haven't had more transfers. Usually when a school has a logjam of talent at a position, a couple of them find some greener pastures. Like when Rick Clausen couldn't get higher than 3rd string at LSU after three years so he transferred to Tennessee where he started. Or Craig Nall, another very good third-stringer who transferred to Northwestern for his senior year and parlayed it into an 8-year NFL career.

4. LikeMike

LikeMike Tigers eat Chickens

Frankly, I am glad, because obviously the greener pastures in terms of winning are either OU, Texas, or SEC teams that are already dominant. They certainly can't expect to play here anytime soon!

5. CajunlostinCali

CajunlostinCali Booger Eatin Moron

Anybody thinking UCLA, Oregon, Wash St. AND SO ON might just be licking their chops right now? USC has a galaxy of stars, have for quite some time. Games like the Beave's give credibility that there is a little life outside of LA and a good 4-5 star CAN succeed elsewhere so why not spread the wealth. Make the PAC 10 a conference and do it now. Talent is talent but the reality is that you have a 5 star sitting on the bench for three years with only 20 -40 snaps and that 5 star is really a 2 star, relative to the same playing time on any other team in said conference.

2 people like this.
  6. HatcherTiger

HatcherTiger Freedom Isn't Free

Bradford said that he would continue to work hard but that he had waited long enough and would not speak to coaches about his frustration.

"I'm a junior," he said. "I shouldn't have to talk to them about getting the ball."

http://www.latimes.com/sports/printedition/la-sp-usc30-2008sep30,0,2443373.story

I don't know enough about what is going on at USC to have a meaningful opinion regarding the chemistry of the team. However, players coming out in public making the above statements aren't good. This could be an isolated incident involving one player or it could signal division within the team. Whatever. Go Ducks!

1 person likes this.
  7. gumborue

gumborue Throwin Ched

there are a dozen guys like this on every team. this just gets more pub because its so cal and a five star recruit. hard work, it guarantees nothing. you have to convince the coaches that you are the best.

1 person likes this.
  8. HatcherTiger

HatcherTiger Freedom Isn't Free

I hear what you are saying but I'd be concerned for us if Richard Murphy and Keiland Willliams were making public statements like that. Keep your dirty laundry in house, you know, like Al Davis does. :grin:

9. CajunlostinCali

CajunlostinCali Booger Eatin Moron

Not with the I-10 pipeline continuously reproducing. Best farm in the nation. :tigereye:

10. Robidoux87

Robidoux87 You call that a double?

There are now five threads about USC on the front page of an LSU Sports forum.