Peter Dyakowski (6'5", 295 Lbs., OL, Vancouver College))

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Unregistered, Feb 6, 2002.

1. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

Peter is the first player in Canadian History to be offered a full scholarship to LSU. He is also likely the most highly recruited player in BC High School football history, as he is the first to be offered a full compliment of five official campus visits, the most allowed under NCAA rules. Amazing when you consider that Peter has only played 3 years of organized football so his potential is unlimited.

After leading the Irish to the BC 'AAA' Championship game, Peter chose LSU over: Oregon State, Boise State, Eastern Washington, Bucknell, Nevada ands Maryland. Other interested schools included: California (Berkley), Washington, Washington State, Georgia Tech and Duke. Peter plans to major in mechanical engineering.

"LSU had everything that I was looking for in a school athletically and academically," said Dyakowski. "I enjoyed the players and coaches, especially my position coach, George Yarno. Their facilities are great and the chance to play in the SEC (Southeastern Conference) was simply too good to pass up."

"This is a great day for our program," said Vancouver College coach Todd Bernett. "Peter has contributed a tremendous amount to our school over the years. His accomplishments are an example to every student at Vancouver College, that if you work hard, good things will happen. I'm sure he will succeed both on and off the field."

Stats / Awards / Accomplishments:
    - First-team All-Canadian & All- Western Canadian
    - First-team Academic All Canadian
    - Ranked #2 offensive lineman in Canada by All-Canada Gridiron
    - BC 'AAA' Provincial All-Star Offensive Lineman
    - Top Lineman in 'AAA' Northern Conference
    - 2000 & 2001 Top Lineman at Vancouver College
    - No sacks allowed in 2001
    - Graded out at 96% on blocks and assignments
    - SAT score of 1420 placed him in the top 2% in North America

"We though Peter was an outstanding player on film," said Tigers Head Coach, Nick Saban. "He is extremely intelligent and plays with a physical and aggressive attitude. Combine that with his athleticism and we feel Peter will develop into a very good major college player. We are very pleased to have him in our program."

For more info click here: http://www.vcfootball.com

2. GeauxTigersGo

GeauxTigersGo Freshman

Thanks for the post Unregistered.

Why not register and stick around? New Tiger fans are always welcome.

3. VCFootball.com

VCFootball.com Freshman

Take good care of Pete! He look very proud today at the press conference when he told the media that he was going to LSU.

4. BRETT

BRETT LSU FAN Staff Member

Glad to have you VCFootball.com,

Pete's in good hands. Coach Saban is a honorable man and Pete now has 92,000, if not more, instant friends.

Saw some footage of Pete at LSU's big recruiting bash. He's awesome and will be a lot of fun to watch on Saturday nights in Tiger Stadium.

I hope you and Pete's friends and family can make it down to at least one game while Pete is here at LSU. I think it's something you'd love and would remember for a long time.

Pete seems like the kind of person we really want at LSU.

PS- I registered at VCfootball.com but haven't received my password yet. Can you help me out?

5. VCFootball.com

VCFootball.com Freshman

Glad to hear that there was some video of him down there....
    I hope to have some more put up on vcfootball.com asap as we have a few news clips of Pete as well as a highlight video and summary videos from each game. I'll come back here and post when I am finished getting everything digitized and uploaded.

It would be pretty sweet to come down to a game... maybe one day. 92000 fans just blows my mind!

I'll be in touch...

S

P.S I just sent you a pm re: your password. Contact me if there is still a problem.

6. NMTiger

NMTiger Founding Member

Looks like we might have gained a few fans up in Canada. As impressive as the stadium full of crazy Tiger fans is you have got to see the tailgating to believe it. We start on Friday night and it doesn't end until late Saturday or sometimes Sunday morning. We love our football in Louisiana.