Patrick White just announced...

Discussion in 'LSU RECRUITING' started by TigahBait, Jan 26, 2004.

1. TigahBait

TigahBait Ultimate Tigah Fan

He's a tiger according to Dandy Don. Great addition in my estimation.

2. tiger777

tiger777 Founding Member

3. cadillacattack

cadillacattack Illegitimi non carborundum est

I saw him on the commit list, but haven't seen him on the top 150 propect list for LSU. Was he a surprise or was it just an omission from the prospect list?

4. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

Wonder if he'll be our 4th arm in fall practice or if they'll move him?

5. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

I think Nick made a late-season decision to try to sign a quarterback since LSU will lack depth at the position with Mauck's departure. White can also play wide receiver.

6. max

max Founding Member

I know that LSU is looking at him at positions other than quarterback, but I wonder if he is also an insurance policy for quarterback depth. If Saban believes that one of the freshmen is likely to win the quarterback battle during the spring, he may anticipate Randall deciding to transfer to Southern in order to start during his last season. In that case, we would just have two quarterbacks on scholarship, which is a bad idea. With White, we would have three quarterbacks, and he can change positions later if he doesn't cut it at quarterback because of his athleticism.

7. uscpuke

uscpuke Founding Member

Max -
    that is what I have heard on other boards, he is insurance in case one of the RSF wins out and Randall transfers. Randall has stated he will not transfer also, so I am not sure who really knows.

8. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

Heck, he would be insurance even if one of the other guys doesn't transfer, you never know what will happen and 2 QB's getting hurt in one season isn't knew and 3 is a possibilty. Auburn had to play a walk-on QB a few years back when their first 3 went down. Also, there are 1000's of passes thrown in the spring. All of the backs and WR's need to have many a ball thrown their way and 3 QB's is just not enough. Remember if we wouldn't have had to guys transfer out last fall we would have had 6 on the roster at the same time last season.

9. mike_v

mike_v Freshman

i cant understand how a guy who is mr everything for his team in daphne alabama and runs a 4.3 forty gets only 2 stars on insiders and hardly gets mentioned by lemming

10. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Probably because they are projecting him as a WR or DB, but haven't seen him play the position yet.