Official I'm pulling my name out of consideration for the Bama head coaching job

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by pharpe, Dec 4, 2006.

1. pharpe

pharpe Founding Member

I just wanted to get it out there that I have no interest in the job. :rofl:

2. LSU_Fan_In_OK

LSU_Fan_In_OK Founding Member

The rumor is you are still suppose to interview tomorrow anyways

3. bayareatiger

bayareatiger If it's too loud YOU'RE TOO OLD

I heard that as long as the $$$ is there you'll still be a talkin' to 'em....

4. TigerBait3

TigerBait3 Guest

ive been tracking planes all day and their is no information to suggest you were really a candidate. i will continue to waste my life away into finding if their is any truth to this...stay tuned.

5. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

Rodriguez contacted
    Monday, December 04, 2006
    By THOMAS MURPHY
    Sports Reporter

TUSCALOOSA -- The University of Alabama's search for a football coach took another step toward West Virginia coach Rich Rodriguez on Sunday and apparently a giant leap back from Miami Dolphins coach Nick Saban.

Rodriguez was contacted on Sunday by Chuck Neinas,

http://www.al.com/alabamafootball/mobileregister/index.ssf?/base/sports/116522776392670.xml&coll=3

However, a meeting could come as early as today, as Moore will have the motive and the opportunity to talk to Rodriguez in New York City.

Saban said early last week that he hoped Alabama would not contact him, and even said he thought the Tide should have kept Mike Shula.

Saban's agent, Jimmy Sexton of Memphis, told the Press-Register on Sunday that Saban was "not interviewing for any job, anywhere."

Saban put out another stinging denial after the Dolphins were virtually eliminated from the AFC playoff race with a 24-10 home loss to Jacksonville on Sunday.

"I can't believe anybody would even ask about it," Saban said during his postgame interview. "I'm not going to continue to respond to rumors and innuendo, which this obviously is. I'm committed to a group of guys here and a football team and a football staff and we're working hard to try to get this season right and -- really ... it kind of challenges your professional integrity a little bit to even talk about it.

"I mean, people ... throw it on the wall and see what sticks is what I can tell you. It's disappointing to me that -- it's flattering, that someone would consider me for anything, but it's also disappointing that when you're trying your very best to do the best you can for your team, that it can come as a distraction that anyone would even ask about it. It's certainly not a distraction to me."

6. andrew

andrew Founding Member

I would like to announce...IM NOT INTERESTED

7. Hawker45

Hawker45 Founding Member

I heard the Bama search has been put on hold pending an offer from CBS for a 13 week TV talent show called "So You Think You Can Coach?"

All 20 contestants will be required to be heavy drinkers and wear Houndstooth hats during each episode.:shock:

8. pharpe

pharpe Founding Member

Although flattered I'm very happy with my current employer and will honor my commitment to them.

9. COTiger

COTiger 2010 Bowl Pick 'Em Champ

:rofl: You're on a roll tonight. :thumb:

10. Nutriaitch

Nutriaitch Fear the Buoy

If the money is right, I am still available. I would require a contract that garauntees me more money than most 3rd world countries make in a decade, and I would like to be allowed to bring my favorite pet on the sidelines with me for everygame. I have enclosed a phoo of my pet.
    You can call him Mike
    View attachment 8184