Obomanu visit

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by BamaBengal, Jan 30, 2002.

1. BamaBengal

BamaBengal Founding Member

Does anyone know how Ben Obomanu's visit went?

2. EELSU1

EELSU1 Founding Member

An Obomanu quote from about 3 weeks ago:

"I've been watching ESPN and Coach Saban's name keep coming up for NFL jobs - and I know he just got an extension, but I'm, not convinced he will be there next year, or the next four years."

Obomanu still took his visit, and I'm sure Saban left a favorable impression upon him, but I think it's very fair to say Obomanu's quote could be reflective of what other recruits have felt concerning the Saban-to-NFL rumors. It's not that it's been one or two days of it. It's been nearly a constant, every day thing throughout the month of January. It's a shame, because with the SEC championship and Sugar Bowl win, LSU should have locked up a top 5 class. IMO there's no question the rumors have caused the lower ranking.

That said, I think Saban will be in B.R. a long time.

3. chuck

chuck Founding Member

I agree about Saban, I think he has a plan and LSU will benefit. He has pretty much exclusive "home state" recruiting and is THE college football program in the state.

I get so friggin' annoyed with people who are constantly posting about someone else's coach leaving. Its a jealousy factor big time.

4. chuck

chuck Founding Member

Sorry for the double post. Ben O. will be holding a press conference at 4:00 pm ct on 2/4. Sources (Rivals) say he will be choosing between AU, UA, LSU and Notre friggin Dame . . .