None of this SEC Co Champs mess either. Win LSU !

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TexasTigers, Nov 25, 2002.

1. TexasTigers

TexasTigers Are You With Me ?

I noticed on the Auburn board they are already claiming to be co-west champions again... Which I guess is their right. if we lose lets not sink to that level. We are not co-west champions. Arkansas is the west champion. When we win, and only then can we be SEC west champions, and then SEC champions again. In my eyes who ever goes to the Title game is the champion no other excuse.

So if the Marcus Randall we have known shows up, and we lose lets not claim this as a Co-Championship. Since its not.

But that is me.
    We are going to win, so it will be a mute point. (Bama fans, dont even start, if you are going to claim anything then, YOU MUST relinquish you title from 93 since Auburn was 11-0 and was if you are taking that stance the west champions and you were representing Auburn in the SEC title game)

Geaux Tigers - Back to Back SEC west Titles and SEC titles (please Randall, get better !)

2. Ellis Hugh

Ellis Hugh Space Wrangler

Right.

Aubun = 5-3 in SEC
    LSU = 6-2 in SEC (after we beat the pigs)
    BAMA = 6-2 in SEC*

Auburn math = SEC co-champs!

3. chuck

chuck Founding Member

Actually . .

If LSU wins, you only have 2 SEC losses so you would be SEC West Champs Outright . . . .

Only if Arky beats you, there is a three-way tie for 1st with Ark. going to the game.

4. Chipeace

Chipeace Country Roads Tiger

I agree, Chuck.

All that tie can be co-west champs, but Alabama who is ineligible can't. The tie breaker selects the representative to the championship game, but does not take away the co championships from the other teams that tied.

5. TexasTigers

TexasTigers Are You With Me ?

yes, I know that, that is why I said if LSU wins it will be a mute point.

But if the Auburn, Kentucky, or Bama Randall shows up we will all have 3 losses and I just hope I dont hear any of this Co-West champions mess.
    I guess I will agree to disagree, the way I see it the team who goes is the champion. That is what people remember, that is the game on TV, that is what the recruits see. That is really all that matters, to me the rest is fluff.

6. Chipeace

Chipeace Country Roads Tiger

Yep, an LSU win will settle it!

7. WooStLouiee

WooStLouiee Freshman

Either way, Auburn needs to shut up...

If LSU wins, the record clearly points to LSU as the champ. If Arkie wins, Auburn needs to remember the 3 td pasting they took in their own house (400+ yds rushing) to the Hogs. Either way, they have NO claim!!!

Go Hogs