Non-LSU, but still regarding LSU

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Veritas, Jan 5, 2006.

1. Veritas

Veritas Founding Member

Non-LSU sports, but still regarding LSU

This doesn't have to do with LSU sports, but more with housing at LSU for incoming students.

Traditionally what is the best residence hall to meet people easily and have a good time?

:geauxtige

2. CParso

CParso Founding Member

Re: Non-LSU sports, but still regarding LSU

Well, for entertainment purposes - Kirby Smith is where you'll meet the most interesting guys. That's where most of the crazy guys go, but the dorm isn't very nice. It's also all the way on the other side of campus - so their residents often have trouble making it to class.

East or West Laville Halls is for the honors students - coed & has some good hot/smart chicks. Probably offers the largest dorm rooms. This is where I lived.

McVoy - eh, decent. co-ed, but tiny rooms.

Herget Hall - always seemed a bit strange to me. I can't recall meeting many interesting people from there...

Broussard - pretty new & nice. Might be your best bet.

3. LSUalum24

LSUalum24 Founding Member

Current students can certainly give you better advice but I lived on campus for one year (McVoy 1999 before they went coed) and it was horrible. Get an apartment with some friends off campus.

4. CParso

CParso Founding Member

It appears he's coming from Virginia - probably doesn't know many (if any) people here. And living on campus can be a great way to meet people.

Besides, living in a horrible dorm one year will make you appreciate wherever you live the rest of your life that much more. :thumb: It's an essential part of going to a major university, IMO.

5. HatcherTiger

HatcherTiger Freedom Isn't Free

I can't speak to the current state of the LSU dorm system. However, I lived in the dorms for two years (can you guess which one ? its no longer a dorm) when I was at LSU from 1983-87. I agree that living on campus was a great experience for me and I met some life long friends in the dorm. I really connected with LSU those first two years. I still enjoy walking around campus and showing my kids where may classes were, where I studied, hung out etc. Your first smart decision, however, is coming to LSU in the first place !!!!!!!!!!!

6. LSU

LSU Founding Member

I lived in West Laville my first three years (99-01) and East Laville my final year (02). I wouldn't want to live anywhere else. The location is central, the people were generally friendly and sociable but respectful, the rooms were comfortable, and I met my closest friends there.

7. JVincent25

JVincent25 Founding Member

Broussard.

8. Macphisto

Macphisto Founding Member

I've lived in East Laville for the past two years and it has been great. Nice rooms, if you don't mind the hall baths. There are sinks in each room though.
    Oh, and ELV is dry too, even 21+.

Has anyone lived in the Horseshoe (Highland, Gherig, etc?) I might live there when I can drink. High ceilings and bathrooms in the suite setup sounds nice. That or ECA.

9. CParso

CParso Founding Member

:rofl: :rofl: As if that ever stopped anyone...

I had an RA walk into my room on game day one time. I had a giant Liter of Vodka sitting right in front of her, and when she asked what it was. I told her the truth. A giant bottle of water, of course. :hihi: She was not buying why I would store water in a vodka bottle & made me poor the whole thing out & then wrote me up. :po: They never said anything about it again, though. :grin:

I wouldn't live in Gherig. Highland is okay. Annie Boyd would be the way to go if you want to be in the Horse Shoe.

Personally, I am loving living in an off campus apartment.

10. LSU

LSU Founding Member

Gherig might have the nicest rooms on campus, but I noticed in the time I spent visiting friends there that it was sorely lacking in everything else, especially the social aspect. That huge shortcoming aside, it has probably the best location on campus.

My girlfriend lived in ECA and hated it. Walls are paper-thin and it's expensive. Speaking of housing costs, Residential Life is making a killing off LSU residents. BR is a relatively cheap place to live. Housing in town is half what it is where I live now, yet I pay 75% of what I did at LSU for my current dorm, which is much nicer.

You ELV guys, where and when did you live there? I was in the basement, room 4.