News No Chases

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by BAY0U BENGAL, Sep 23, 2009.

1. BAY0U BENGAL

BAY0U BENGAL I'm a Chinese Bandit

2. mobius481

mobius481 Registered Member

The town is strapped for cash and has weak leadership. This lady is an embarassment. I would move.

3. KyleK

KyleK Who, me? Staff Member

When I first moved here, we had a mayor like that. People got complacent that the "right" person, who was the incumbent, would easily win the election against this boob. He won by 32 votes and was a huge embarrassment. It was so bad that even the New York Times did an article on him.

Our first winter, I ordered firewood out of the want-ads. The guy who brought it was, you guessed it, the mayor. It was one of his side jobs!

This guy missed a luncheon once because he didn't know what a brunch was.

Article: Mayor May Not. | AccessMyLibrary - Promoting library advocacy

http://www.nytimes.com/2005/04/10/national/10wichita.html

4. LSUMASTERMIND

LSUMASTERMIND Founding Member

:rofl::rofl:

5. Rex_B

Rex_B Geaux Time

6. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

we had one of those as a state senator several years ago. a guy that was a (how do i put this politely) backwoods, illiterate, curmudgeon that was also (as red would put it) "eccentric". argumentative and dumber than dirt. people in that district thought the guy that was smart as a whip would win and either stayed home, or worse, voted for the idiot as a joke. when the idiot won the joke was on them and they were stuck with him for two years. a cousin of mine was one who voted for the idiot as a joke.

this is why one should not take voting lightly!

7. BAY0U BENGAL

BAY0U BENGAL I'm a Chinese Bandit

Mostly just going on the apprehension of criminals being the biggest part. I get that chasing somebody because the regristration of their car is out, but not being able to give chase on foot when you've seen someone commit any type of crime is just plain silly.

I'm not going to assume on the costs. I'm just going on straight common sense at this point.

8. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Anybody ever watch those police chases from California on Fox News? The driver of the fleeing car is a total danger to the unsuspecting motorists on th freeway and somtimes the cops are as big a danger.

Still, I love watching those chase scenes. I always pull for the suspect to get away. I have only seen the suspects get away twice. One time after a 30 minute chase the suspect drove into a covered parking area of a shopping mall and ditched the car before the cops got there. He must have mingled with the shoppers and walked away r called somebody for a ride.

The other time was when cops in Georgia were chasing a pickup truck down a country road. The truck turned off of the highway onto a dirt road with police in hot pursuit. The truck easily drove across a shallow creek but the police car got stuck and blocked the other police cars.

9. martin

martin Banned Forever

whoa calm down man! lord have mercy the language!

10. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

who, whoa, what????:eek:

there are ladies around here, ya know! :hihi: