No bait, just tackle: He jumps fish via helicopter

Discussion in 'Sportsman's Paradise' started by Deceks7, May 16, 2009.

1. Deceks7

Deceks7 Founding Member

2. UPTTiger

UPTTiger Founding Member

I'm calling BS.

3. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

believe it. theyve been showing footage on discovery.

i really wish steve irwin's son would have been the one to come up with this and do it himself in a few years.

although this guy's shelf-life will be appx 8 months before taking a bill through the chest so stevie jr will have his chance.

4. UPTTiger

UPTTiger Founding Member

I saw the guy giving interviews about the video. I am still a skeptic and will never believe its true until I see it with my own guys. The setup is what throws me off. They put out a spread behind the boat. When a fish comes in the spread, the helicopter comes down, the guy sets up for the jump, the camera man is in place, and the fish stays still while the guy is dropping 20ft from above. Not to mention some sketchy photography. A Million Little Pieces was a good book and this was a good video.

5. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

let me know what they say.

6. UPTTiger

UPTTiger Founding Member

You should not ridicule people with disabilities. I don't have any eyes so I have to use Seeing Eye Guys. They assist me thoughout the day, are very effective at spotting hoax videos, and more reliable than a dog. My affliction also prevents me from proof reading.

1 person likes this.
  7. CajunlostinCali

CajunlostinCali Booger Eatin Moron

Until I see, (sorry UPT) steaks, I-talian dressin and an old smokey on the beach I say the kiwi's are a little light on the menu. Petting the fish and telling it to have a nice day is just a little ghey for some dude hoppin out a chopper to get it.

1 person likes this.
  8. mobius481

mobius481 Registered Member

They probably hook the marlin and reel him to a certain point to control him and then do it, or they cast a big net around him that they swipe away.

9. stevescookin

stevescookin Certified Who Dat

A long time ago I read an article somewhere (Times Picayune?, sportsman's magazine?) about a guy on the Northshore that would set out open ended 55 gallon metal drums in chest deep water that had some current running through it. He would then put on one of those filleting gloves and wade into the river, take a deep breath, go under, and grab big catfish by the lower lip and yank 'em up.

Does anyone know anything about this method or person?

I remember, after reading about this, wanting to go back in an invisible time machine and see how the native Americans used to hunt and fish two or three hundred years ago.

10. mobius481

mobius481 Registered Member

It's called noodlin. And every two bit hillbilly in Mississippi is a pro. Check these two pros out.

YouTube - Cat Fishing in Mississippi