Nice article on Tidefans about New Orleans...

Discussion in 'New Orleans Saints Forum' started by Andouille, Jan 4, 2009.

1. Andouille

Andouille Guest

http://www.tidefans.com/forums/blogs/jessn/109-love-hate-new-orleans.html

I hate it when a Bama fan makes me hate them a little less. :yelwink2:

2. TigerBait45

TigerBait45 Founding Member

Don't worry, they'll do something pretty soon that makes you remember why you hate them.

3. TigerFan90

TigerFan90 Too far away from home

Yeah, you right. It's nice to hear people talking good about the hometown instead of trying to take a piss on it (quite literally). lol

:crystal:

4. gumborue

gumborue Throwin Ched

he has a better regard for N.O. than most Louisianians.

5. DRC

DRC TigerNator

I hate to admit this but last week was the first time I had been back in NO since Katrina. The city seemed more secure and there were fewer bums and pan handlers. I never left the Quarter but it looked good and the area around Jackson Square was being built up nicely. They were adding onto the French Market and business seemed brisk.

Sadly, I left before the Sugar Bowl but if I had known the outcome I would have stuck around just to watch the bammers take the heat from Utah Fans after the game. :hihi:

The only negative I saw was the number of LSU fans blasting the gump fans with taunts and mention of Saban. I really thought that was unnecessary. It would be one thing if we were playing them but we weren't. WWL even had a story on the news about treating the Alabama fans better so I wasnt the only one who noticed. NO isnt anywhere near back to pre-Katrina business levels and treating visitors with respect should be a concern for residents and business people. The city needs tourism in the worst way.

6. TigerBait3

TigerBait3 Guest

I was in NOLA after the Sugar Bowl and some LSU student threw a bottle at me because I was walking around with some Bama guys.

After showing him my LSU ID his friend put his cigarrete out on his arm for being a dumbass. :yelwink2: