New Orleans #1 in murders--Baton Rouge #7

Discussion in 'New Roundtable' started by Cajun Sensation, Jun 2, 2009.

1. Cajun Sensation

Cajun Sensation I'm kind of a big deal Staff Member

N.O. at #1 is a real shocker, I know...but here it goes anyways:

WWL - AM870 | FM105.3 | News | Talk | Sports - AP: New Orleans once again nation's murder capital

Baton Rouge #7?

Daaang. I guess all the shiitbags from New Orleans started killing in BR after the Hurricane.

Discuss.

1 person likes this.
  2. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

My cousin was murdered in 92 in Baton Rouge, he just graduated High School and wanted to go to LSU, moved down there, got car jacked by 2 white guys, and was shot in the head, then they took his bronco and burned it under the bridge. Worst part about it, was when they caught the guys who did it they explained that they were going to let him live but they decided not to, so he was in the back of the bronco while they were talking about if they were going to let him live or not. I cant imagine what that must have been like.

3. Cajun Sensation

I'm sorry to hear about that LaSalleAve. Did they catch the murderers?

4. LaSalleAve

yeah they got them. it was a pretty big story back in 94 or 95.
    Death penalty laws changed - News

There are four individuals in Louisiana who will be exempt from their death sentences. One of them, Dale Dwayne Craig, was convicted in 1994 for the murder of Kipp Earl Gullett, a Louisiana State University student. Craig car-jacked and kidnapped Gullett in 1992 from a parking lot at the University and shot him at a construction site. Craig was 17 at the time.

never mind, here is a better read on what happened.
    http://www.lasc.org/opinions/95ka2499.opn.pdf

5. Cajun Sensation

I hope those pieces of shiit rot in hell. I couldn't imagine how demented and sick the gunman must be. May God have mercy on his soul.

6. LaSalleAve

reading that .pdf was really eerie. i had never gotten the whole story because my family tried to shield the details from the kids.

7. Contained Chaos

Contained Chaos Don't we all?

I remember this quite well. My sister knew one of the accomplices, Zebbie, pretty well. They were friends, but he always creeped her out. I think they went to school together or something. Dude was always a POS. Didn't surprise any of us one bit to see him end up where he did. Terribly sorry to find out that the victim was a relative of yours.

8. KyleK

KyleK Who, me? Staff Member

I remember this well. If memory serves, he lived in Kirby and they took him to Kenilworth where they shot him. Sorry I didn't read the link. Are the POS's in Angola now?

Sorry for your loss.

9. LaSalleAve

so i started looking to see if these people were in angola and low and behold what i find......
    LOUISIANA - Death Row

its a pen pal registry i guess. the trigger man has some sort of profile so people can write him, posted on an anti death penalty web site, so i guess he is on death row.

DALE DWAYNE CRAIG Hi there. I am looking for someone to correspond with and hopefully begin a friendship with them as well. I am 25 years old and my birthday is September 22nd (1974). I come from a small family from Baton Rouge, Louisiana, where I was born and raised. I have been incarcerated for almost 8 years now. Some of my hobbies and interests are : reading, writing, drawing/art, playing chess and music. I am locked down in a 6x9 cell 23 hours a day, 7 days a week with not a variety of things to do. I look forward to hearing from someone that will read this and become interested and write to me. Until then, sincerely -

Dale Dwayne Craig #346672
    Death Row
    Louisiana State Penitentiary
    Angola LA

70712 USA

10. KyleK

KyleK Who, me? Staff Member

love it!