My favorite Bushisms

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by phatcat, Feb 26, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. phatcat

phatcat Founding Member

Just listening to our mighty leader's Churchillian communication skills fills me with fearless faith in his innate abilities to lead our nation forth into greatness... NOT! These ar just a few of my personal faves. Feel free to post your own favorite quotes from our peerless leader.

"They misunderestimated me." ÑBentonville, Ark., Nov. 6, 2000

"Rarely is the questioned asked: Is our children learning?" ÑFlorence, S.C., Jan. 11, 2000

"I glance at the headlines just to kind of get a flavor for what's moving. I rarely read the stories, and get briefed by people who are probably read the news themselves." George W. Bush, Washington, D.C., Sept. 21, 2003

"Security is the essential roadblock to achieving the road map to peace." George W. Bush, Washington, D.C., July 25, 2003

"I'm the master of low expectations." George W. Bush, aboard Air Force One, June 4, 2003

Shame on this country if this moronic puppet is reelected for a second term.

2. TigerEducated

TigerEducated Founding Member

So...If you're not an eloquent public speaker you can't lead a country?

Sorry, but Ghandi didn't exactly inspire greatness until you heard WHAT he said...His physical appearance had no effect on his words...

FDR's physical stature and crippled state didn't stop him from leading...

So what is more indicative of a lack of ability to lead: Physical detriments, lack of physical stature, or poor public speaking skills?

Gimme a break...He can't speak well...that has NOTHING to do with his relative level of intelligence...

I'm guessing had you been on the admissions staff at MIT, you'd have rejected Steven Hawking, since he can't talk WITHOUT A COMPUTER, right?

Who's the dumbass now, phatcat...

3. Vincent4Heisman

Vincent4Heisman Freshman

He just guessed at a lot of that stuff...

;)

4. phatcat

phatcat Founding Member

Uh... You?

What has George W. Bush ever said that gave you the impression that he was anywhere near the intellectual equal of any one of the examples you offer?

Please quote me one thing that he has written that would pass for superior intellect.

Honestly tell me where this guy would be today without his daddy's coattails and connections.

Perhaps had you given more plausible examples on a more even parallel there might be a basis for your post, but judging from the apples and oranges nature the comparisons I can only conclude that you have nothing substantive to add to this discussion.

If on the other hand, you would like to throw any of your favorite Bush quotes in for discussion, then so much the better.

For instance, here are a few that really give one a clear view of his sense of integrity and ability to prioritize:

"The most important thing is for us to find Osama bin Laden. It is our number one priority and we will not rest until we find him."
    - G.W. Bush, 9/13/01

"I don't know where bin Laden is. I have no idea and really don't care. It's not that important. It's not our priority."
    - G.W. Bush, 3/13/02

"I am truly not that concerned about him."
    - G.W. Bush, responding to a question about bin Laden's whereabouts,
    3/13/02 (The New American, 4/8/02)

5. Vincent4Heisman

Vincent4Heisman Freshman

Show me a link to those last two quotes.

6. phatcat

phatcat Founding Member

Show you? I don't think so.

Hmmm, I think we may have stumbled across a major part of the ÒI blindly support Bush no matter whatÓ problem. It turns out that the average Bush supporter is quite lazy.

I know, it took me a while to get used to the idea too.

Much like the president himself, the average lower middle class republican supporter must have his daily news abridged and digested for him before it becomes simple and easy enough for him to access. You know, whatever requires the least thought for him or disturbs his keyhole view of the world or Òcomfort zoneÓ the least.

The problem with this approach is that it tends to make the news "guest" weak and lazy.

What I WILL do for you is tell you how to look it up on your own. You know, teach you to fish, so to speak.

First, Highlight the quote you wish to research.

Then go to the top of your screen, click on EDIT and then click on COPY

Then go to http://www.google.com/ and Highlight the box

Then click on EDIT again and click on PASTE

Then revel in all the myriad of different web sights where they are just as appalled as you are that the leader of the free world is such a bumbling loose cannon. Enjoy.
    :)

7. dallastigers

dallastigers Founding Member

Again you cannot post links. You are taking quotes out of context, and are trying to use stuff like this instead of talking about the issues.

You are the left coast version of cotton bowel. Did you graduate from LSU with a theatre degree? I see you call yourself a "film maker." You are sounding like an actor or "film maker" that just picks out stuff that fits their beliefs regardless of where it comes from and its validity, and then you try to convince everyone that your "fiction" is the truth regardless of the documented facts. In your own mind you probably think the forums and blogs that come up with google searches are real news as well as long as it fits your beliefs.

The majority of the people that I have seen call themselves a film maker were usually grips, PAs, actor and director wannabees waiting tables more than making films. Regardless they still feel superior to all since they have expanded their mind and are part of the enlightened society. Facts do not matter to people like this. For an around forty-four year old person who uses "dude" and "phat" where do you fall?

8. Vincent4Heisman

Vincent4Heisman Freshman

Re: Show you? I don't think so.

You quoted him numb nuts! Provide the link from where you are quoting him, even I, as a lazy Bush supporter know that to quote someone you need to have a link present (At least in English 101 that's what they taught me).

I'd think that if you were damning the President like you seem to be trying to do that you'd be as thourough as possible and proved everyone with concrete evidence so that we, the readers, don't sit back and say, "Wow, you know that phatcat sure is a douche bag."

You want me to know about it, you post the link. Not the other way around. Don't tell me that monkeys fly out of your butt and then tell me to check the web if I don't believe you.

9. ColonelHapablap

ColonelHapablap Founding Member

I keep saying that this guy is dumb like a fox. You guys lon the left keep misunderestimating him and he keeps kicking your a$$. I once heard a story about the first time he ran for election in Texas. After losing to his opponent who was a stereotypical Texan to the core, Bush told one of his advisors, "I'll never be out-good-ole-boyed again." I hope you keep misunderestimating him. It keeps our country in good hands.

10. JSracing

JSracing Founding Member

He is Micheal Moore. he can't provide you with any facts because his hate for this administration isn't based on facts, it's in his idealogy. He is a victim. I know that's hard to belive, but he is. he has listened to these "free" thinkers like Micheal Moore and Jane Fonda and "subscribed" th their superior intellect, much the same way Hitler used Himmler to roll out a massive propaganda machine and convince a whole country to espouse murder. It's amazing what you can convince people to believe in.
    he doesn't really think for himself, it's a Monkey see Monkey do thing. He loathes all conservatives because they are the people by and large just like he said middle class, the roots of this country, the ones that actually pay his way. He loathes them, these people who go to church, expect decency, abhore abortion, want their kids to go to a decent school, they don't want to see gays in the commons on campus in front of their kids. People like him think this should be a wide open society, criminals should have more rights than victims. He loathes the "right" of this country because just as the good book said there will always be wars and rumors of wars, there will always be "wrong" in this world. It is a constant battle in this life to keep imoral people from leading our nation. He hates Bush, Cheney, Powell because these HIGHLY educated people have families and they don't have frivolous affiars, there is no scandal to report so they have to attack the man's education and intellect. They desparately need the power of his postion to forward their imoral illicit, agenda. They want to eat at the moral fiber of this country because it benifits their back pocket. George Bush is everything they love to hate, you see the more they hate him the better I KNOW he is. They are almost FRANTIC to get rid of him, why? Because he is a decent family man who is much more in tune with the middle class tax payer than anyone they can come up with. The man is sending money BACK to taxpayers, where as Jimmy Carter, Hillary clinton, Ted Kennedy think they deserve that money. hey It doesn't take a rocket scientist for me to decide who is the best person/candidate, and he is in office now and he will remain in office.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.