My dreamcar

Discussion in 'New Roundtable' started by Sourdoughman, Mar 26, 2004.

1. Sourdoughman

Sourdoughman TigerFan of LSU and the Tigerman

Let me say that I'm probably going to buy a PT Cruiser over the next year but
    I will buy a 1977 Black Trans Am before I die god willing, I prefer the Bandit
    Edition if possible.

That is truely my dream car and as you can tell I hate the new car look of the
    90's and 00's for the most part.
    I like the new vintage looking cars like the PT Cruisers, Mustangs and the new
    Thunderbirds are "hot".

I just sent a letter to pontiac asking them if they are planning anything special for the 30th anniversary for the 1977 trans am.
    I think the vintage look is popular and I told them I had an idea about Pontiac
    making a new trans am in the style of the 1977 trans am.

I think this is a great idea and would make for a very popular, "hot" car that
    would be a huge seller.

What do you guys think of my Idea?
    Maybe I'm just a dreamer?

2. Mr. Peabody

Mr. Peabody Founding Member

[​IMG]

They were cool cars.

My dream car is an Aston Martin Vanquish

[​IMG]

3. Sourdoughman

LOL,

Your post makes me realize how "simple minded" I am.
    I don't have to have the most expensive cars in the world to be happy! :grin:

4. Mr. Peabody

You said DREAM car.

A 77 Black Trans Am is easily affordable. A $300,000.00 dollar Aston Martin isn't, yet.

5. Mr. Peabody

A few years ago, I had a one of these, a 1972 Hurst Olds.

[​IMG]

6. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Flying Cars

When I was a kid in the 60's growing up watching the Jetsons and reading Popular Mechanics magazine where half the issues had a flying car in the cover I naturally assumed that by now we would all be zipping around in our George Jetson flying cars. I love the 60's and 70's muscle cars but I feel cheated that I don't have my flying car.

Check out http://www.moller.com

7. Sourdoughman

I agree Mr. Peabody but for whatever reason I would rather have a Trans Am
    over all those million dollar cars so my wife and I must be happy then :)

Nice Hurst!

LOL at Bengal B

8. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

The Skycar

Moller International has developed the first and only feasible, personally affordable, personal vertical takeoff and landing (VTOL) vehicle the world has ever seen.

You've always known it was just a matter of time before the world demanded some kind of flying machine which would replace the automobile. Of course, this machine would have to be capable of VTOL, be easy to maintain, cost effective and reliable. Well, we at Moller International believe we have come up with the solution. That solution is the volantor named M400 Skycar.

Let's compare the M400 Skycar with what's available now, the automobile. Take the most technologically advanced automobile, the Ferrari, Porsche, Maserati, Lamborgini, or the more affordable Acura, Accord, or the like. It seems like all of the manufacturers of these cars are touting the new and greatly improved "aerodynamics" of their cars. Those in the aerospace industry have been dealing with aerodynamics from the start. In the auto industry they boast of aerodynamics, performance tuned wide track suspensions, electronic ignition and fuel injection systems, computer controllers, and the list goes on. What good does all this "advanced engineering" do for you when the speed limit is around 60 MPH and you are stuck on crowded freeways anyway?

Can any automobile give you this scenario? From your garage to your destination, the M400 Skycar can cruise comfortably at 350+ MPH and achieve up to 28 miles per gallon. No traffic, no red lights, no speeding tickets. Just quiet direct transportation from point A to point B in a fraction of the time. Three dimensional mobility in place of two dimensional immobility.

No matter how you look at it the automobile is only an interim step on our evolutionary path to independence from gravity. That's all it will ever be.

Moller International's M400 Skycar volantor is the next step.

9. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Skycar Hover Test

10. Sourdoughman

LOL,

Bengal B, that ones a hoax, it has cables all over it...... :shock:
    Does that picture have a copyright on it? :dis: :grin: