Miles does need to change jobs, but stay at LSU

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LoyalBengal, Nov 24, 2007.

1. LoyalBengal

LoyalBengal Founding Member

He has the tools to be a good Athletic Director.

He genuinely likes the players. He is honest. He is positive. He hires capable people.

The question is do we want Miles to remain so that we can be outcoached (game decisions, game discipline) fifty percent of the time and lose two or three times per year?

I'd rather have Miles upstairs hiring and supporting a coach who gets outcoached about once or twice per year. I think we would lose fewer games.

2. IhateLouHoltz

IhateLouHoltz Founding Member

I agree he will always look after LSU's interest he might be on his way to lobby for LSU in cotton bowl just in case we lose in SEC Championship game again like 2 years ago.

3. CajunPunk

CajunPunk TF's Resident Realist

This is a joke, right?

4. P&G Fan

P&G Fan GEAUX TIGERS!!

I like Skip Bertman! I went to his baseball camps while in HS in the 80s and enjoyed him as a coach! I don't live around La but how is Skip doing as an AD!

5. Bayou Bengal11

Bayou Bengal11 ~Orlando Tiger Coonass~

you do know that skip is retiring???

btw...this thread is a joke right :insane:

6. Bengal Buddy

Bengal Buddy Founding Member

LSU fans can be such fair weather fans. Coach Miles has a 32-6 record over a three year period and some guys are already calling for his head. So 11-1 or 10-2 seasons are not good enough for you, huh? Let me tell you something. Any SEC coach that can win that many regular-season games on a consistant basis will be one of the top coaches in the nation, will win his share of conference titles not to mention his share of national championships. There is not a coach in the country that will never lose a game, but that seems to be the only type you are interested in. Yes Miles' team has lacked discipline for the last three years. I have said that more than once. But despite that, Miles is doing great so give him a break and lay off. The bottom line is he wins, and he wins a heck of a lot more than he loses.

7. edyel

edyel edyel

Save your breath BB,if they don't get it by now they never will,ala "down on the bayou". This board has become almost too much like the other ones and what a shame. I'll have to seriously think about renewing my subscription to this board due to the onslaught of idiot posters.:dis:

8. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

Please let us know cause we have some nice parting gifts for you.

9. DownOnTheBayou

DownOnTheBayou Say My Name!

When did I call Les a horrible coach? I did say that yesterday is game management was horrible, which is true. But I never said he was a horrible coach.

I like Les and I love his passion for LSU, that can't be questioned by anyone here.

10. huangw

huangw Founding Member

Why so many negatives about CLM? He is a great head coach. National title is rare and the current system favors weak conferences (Big East and Big 10). I don't blame CLM for the loss to Arkansas. It is our injury, and our defense, and some problems in offense in the first half that lost the game.
    CLM deserve our full support. I wish him to stay. He is a great coach and will win many many exciting games for LSU. The fair weather fans need to know the years of Curley Hallman, Mike Archer, and Gerry Dinardo.