Mike Leach for LSU offensive coordinator

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Bengal B, Jan 2, 2010.

1. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

LSU needs to get rid of Gary Crowton and take advantage of a unique opportunity to hire an offensive genius. Mike Leach has a system that no matter who is the quarterback regularly produces 400 to 500 yards per game through the air. I don't know the truth of whatever happened at Texas Tech or whether he locked Adam James in a dark room or not but considering who James's father is and his abiltity to creat a media turmoil I really doubt if the accusations are true.

Crowton's offensive schemes have gotten worse and worse since 2007. He is not helping Jefferson or any other QB on the Tiger;s roster to grow into the position and develope his skills. Leach has put up video game numbers with the leftover talent in Texas after Texas and Oklahoma and others like LSU take the cream of the crop. Just imagine what he could do with the kind of talent he would have at LSU.

Right now there is a cloud over Mike Leach's head due the the media attention. Sooner or later he will get another head coaching job but not right now and whenever it happens probably not at even a Texas Tech level. The man needs a job and LSU should give him one. LSU's offense needs a total rebuilding and Leach just m.ight be what they need

1 person likes this.
  2. tigerbaitabq

tigerbaitabq Founding Member

I don't know how long Leach will be in litigation withTT or if that even plays a factor but we should grab him up before someone else does. IMO the Board of Regents and top administrators at TT have a personal vendetta against the guy and the light will be shed on that in the months to come. The media has been known to twist many a story. I have heard numerous reports that the player was isolated in a media room and not a closet. Leach was not afforded any due process before being fired. No matter what the court says, no matter what the settlement (I think he will win big bucks) he will still carry the stigma of the firing. He was treated unfairly.
    Leach is one of the most dynamic innovative offensive minded coaches in college football. I don't know if JJ would be capable of running an Air Raid offense but it would certainly add to the competition at the QB position.
    Leach is going to land somewhere and I would welcome him at LSU. Got to be better than Crowton. Now theres a guy that seems to have been locked in a closet during every game this year.

3. Herb

Herb Founding Member

It is in Mike Leach's best interest to not take any job offers right now. He has not even filed his lawsuit against Texas Tech yet. Taking a job now will affect the chances that he prevails in his lawsuit and will affect any potential judgement he might be due.

It's hard to argue injury and damages if you have a new job immediately that puts you in the top 1% of salary earnings in the country.

1 person likes this.
  4. psulions2007

psulions2007 Founding Member

Why would Leach take a coordinator job when he can very much land a head coaching job?

5. lsudolemite

lsudolemite CodeJockey Extraordinaire

That may all depend on how much truth there is to the allegations at Texas Tech. If everything turns out to be true, I have a hard time believing he'll land a HC job next year at a FBS school with that hanging over his head. He may be more inclined to take a low key OC job for a year or two at a place like LSU that will still pay him very well. HC at a FCS school also wouldn't pay the kind of money we would put up. At the very least it's a situation our AD
    should be putting out feelers for. If LSU grabs him and it becomes clear that TTech was just looking for an excuse to get rid of him, it could end up being a big steal for us.

6. psulions2007

I just don't think the allegations are going to go anywhere based on player and other coach comments about James' laziness and lack of being a team player.

7. sassylsufan2002

sassylsufan2002 Founding Member

Yeah but the latest is that the rest of the team is now standing behind the James kid. They aren't helping Leach's case at all. Many of them finally came out with comments/opinions on the situation and the coaching change and say they're behind it 100%.

8. ccgw

ccgw luv'em Tigers

That would certainly put the limelight on LSU!:hihi:

What a spark!

9. psulions2007

If you're talking about that player statement that was read on ESPN, it's well documented that the kid was a good friend of James... Even ESPN said it. Yes, there are a few players coming out against Leach, most who clearly did not understand the situation, but the vast majority of players, especially starters, have been behind Leach. The team is divided, for sure though.

10. GregLSU

GregLSU LSUFANS.com

Besides the fact... some of those kids are stuck coming back to the team, they may not want to risk losing playing time for defending the outed coach.