Might be worth a listen

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TigerTap, Oct 11, 2017.

1. Brian

Brian Founding Member

Jimmy had a winning record in Stillwater. A record comparable to Miles' record there.

Orgeron coached in the pros with the Saints. Payton didn't like him cause he was looking to go back to college and rightfully that annoyed Sean.

I'm not sure Jerry Jones giving any coach the stamp of approval merits much consideration given his track record.

Then suggesting Les is somehow akin to having offensive prowess in the passing game is another questionable statement.

I don't know of any college coaches that cannot breakdown film. You certainly can't coach a unit in the NFL without being able to do so. Players can breakdown film you know. It's not some magic formula exclusively reserved for the football tactically gifted.

Bengal B likes this.
  2. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

It was the correct call.

3. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Alleva will not be able to make another coaching choice. Only Joe Dean has ever done that and they were both duds. Alleva gets no second chance, his fate is tied to Orgeron and that 12 million. Basically what he did was made the people in charge of his job only have one choice if thing really goes waaaaay south. Orgeron has a 12 million dollar buyout, Joe goes first, then the new guy waits out that buyout and makes a change. Unless it's a success and if it is, fuck it. Good

Bengal B likes this.
  4. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

That would have been the case regardless the hire.

5. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

Miles was a jester, is that better than a cheerleader?

Brian likes this.