Matthews: My ‘Job’ Is To Make Obama Presidency A Success

Discussion in 'New Orleans Saints Forum' started by Andouille, Nov 7, 2008.

1. Andouille

Andouille Guest

Another feather in the cap for the unbiased media. Mathews has a little slip of the ole tongue.

[media]http://www.eyeblast.tv/public/checker.aspx?v=e46Ueu6USU[/media]

Funny. I thought his job was to report the truth by playing HARDBALL?
    Keeping government rulers in check and all.

This must be a new job for him. I quite sure he didn't feel it was his job to make the Bush presidency a success. He never let up on Bush, and was right not to. That's the purpose of a free press.

You think Matthews didn't feel this same way during the election? Think it didn't affect his journalism? What a joke these guys are. They hold themselves in such high regard and think no one can see through their BS.

2. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

Maybe by that he meant that by asking the hard questions he'll keep Obama honest, and maybe he felt the same about Bush. It doesn't sound good, though, and maybe he did mean it the way it first sounds.

3. Bengal Buddy

Bengal Buddy Founding Member

Matthews made it clear what the whole country already knew: the media was in the tank with Obama. Any pretense of "objective journalism" was a sham and the "unbias press" has gone the way of the Edsel.

4. CajunPunk

CajunPunk TF's Resident Realist

Well, it isn't a surprise given that he and Olbermann both had simultaneous orgasms together after Obama's DNC speech.

[​IMG]

5. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

The whole country? Andoille will believe anything, but you're smarter than that. This liberal bias notion is more of the "head-in-the-sand' mentality of the republicans that caused them to lose this election. You see what you want to see.

Rush Limbaugh and Ann Coulter make no bones about their job being to tear down anything and anybody that is not a goose-stepping right wing ideologue. They did everything that they could to promote Bush, failure after failure after failure. They thought it was their job to make his Presidency a success. Sound familiar?

Get your head out of the sand.

6. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

You are being delusional, Red. It's obvious that the Mainstream media was in the tank for Obama. Gloat all you want to but you cannot deny the facts.

7. Andouille

Andouille Guest

Red subscribes to the school of thought that if you deny or lie about something enough people will start to believe you. He also tries to lump in admitted partisan editorialists like Rush and Coulter with journalists and media outlets that are supposed to deliver the news not opinions or agendas.

Unfortunately common sense and study after study, many of which are conducted by left leaning or liberal think tanks or schools prove him wrong.

8. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

Wrong, my friend. The whole country does know it. Trouble is, only half is saying that the emperor is naked; the other half doesn't mind, because they'll get new clothes when the emperor redistributes some wealth their way. As for Limbaugh and Colter, they are not journalists, they are commentators, and it is known up front when you listen or read them that you are hearing their opinions mixed with the facts. JOURNALISTS are supposed to be unbiased; not many are.

You want proof? Look at this whole Palin "Africa is a country" issue. Greta Van Susteran said last night she questioned at length an aide who was in the room when this gaffe supposedly occurred, and he definitively said, it never happened. Now, could she have had a quick slip of the tongue? Possibly. Get to the website that hosts the Matthews comment above and you'll see another Matthews clip where HE calls Africa a country. However, its obvious that he's headed in a particular direction with his question, and his mouth outran his brain for a moment. I could believe this happened to Palin as well. Just as it did several months ago, when Obama slipped on the "57 states" comment. Remember the reaction to that. NONE from the mainstream media....NONE AT ALL! However, under very similar circumstances, the media is ready to hang Palin in effigy over Africa. Media bias...its there, it exists, and its quite obvious to anyone who has the guts to point it out.

9. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

It worked for the Clintons....

10. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Show me some facts. All I hear is bloviating.