Martin Sheen hit it on the head today

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by Tom, Dec 10, 2002.

1. Tom

Tom Founding Member

Just as he said today, and I've been saying for weeks, Sapling is acting like a spoiled little frat boy who is trying to get revenge for his father being kicked out of office on his ass because he was too preoccupied with Iraq. Hopefully, the sins of the father will be the sins of the son. The American people seem to be catching on to this silly buffoon going in public, barely able to make a coherent sentence, screwing up the economy, making accusations he can't back up with proof, etc. He certainly didn't make a difference in Louisiana, did he? He certainly didn't win the high profile race for the GOP senator in South Dakota where he was trying to embarass Daschle in the Tim Johnson race, did he? Looks like Sapling's political days are numbered simply because he is making too much of an ass of himself to stay in office for long. Of course, that "and he tried to kill my daddy" was rather touching, if not incredible STUPID to put the face of a personal vendetta on the Iraq situation. Grow up, junior, and quit trying to hold your breath until your face turns blue in an attempt to get your way. What an incredible LOSER Sapling is!

2. Jetstorm

Jetstorm Founding Member

Just burns you up that Republicans are running the show now doesn't it Tom? Take a chill pill man, you gotta unwind.

Isn't Martin Sheen the guy who said he'd leave the country if W became president? Well, he wasn't gone long (not long enough by far for my liking). Oh well, Martin's cool most of the time. He just needs to think before he speaks (apparently you don't have to if you're a liberal). I wonder how he's doing as president? It's been a while since I caught an episode of The West Wing. College just gets busier and busier. No time for idle pursuits like TV anymore.

3. LSUMJ

LSUMJ Founding Member

its freaking hilarous how sad you have become

youve gone from saying the demos would win the mid terms to putting your hopes behind a man who plays a fictional president

good stuff

keep on clinging to those demo wins, while the GOP rules the house. oh but wait, you can fillibuster!!!! pathetic

4. Biggles

Biggles Founding Member

When plane loads of American body bags

start landing on US soil then W's little "war for oil" will be judged accordingly...

5. Tom

Tom Founding Member

>>Just burns you up that Republicans are running the show now doesn't it Tom?

No, I'm pleased that when the guy puts his prestige on the line, he is REBUFFED (S. Dakota, Louisiana, governor race in California, etc.) And it is truly laughable if you think a 51-48-1 edge in the Senate will be "running the show". Guy, grab a copy of the Constitution -- you need 60 votes in the Senate to "run the show".

>>Isn't Martin Sheen the guy who said he'd leave the country if W became president?

No, he didn't say that. But then, you never seem to burden your posts with facts now do you? Anyway, you do seem to have the same amount of facts at hand that Sapling does. Both of you seem to make accusations without any evidence at hand and are both clueless on the issues. Hey guy, why don't you apply for an administration's advisor role -- you might even be one of his smartest aides (not necessarily a compliment to you).

6. LSUMJ

LSUMJ Founding Member

wow, so the 3 incublents didnt lose in those states? impressive

too bad he was an influence in the other races, giving control to the GOP

7. LSUMJ

LSUMJ Founding Member

incumbents rather

8. Tom

Tom Founding Member

I would avoid comparison of takeaways on governorships

since the Democrats had a NET GAIN on the highest state offices, didn't they? I'll answer the question -- they did, including getting back the highest state office in states they had not controlled in decades. Of course, the GOP spin doesn't want to talk about those, do they? Didn't think so.

9. LSUMJ

LSUMJ Founding Member

and governors effect federal policy how?

10. Tom

Tom Founding Member

Many issues that used to be federal have become more state

You might recognize that as the belief by GOPers that government should be pushed down more to the local level. Oh, and if you don't think that federal policy is affected by governors, try to impose something on a state and see what happens. An example of that was the decision to dump nuclear waste in the state of Nevada. The STATE of Nevada sued to stop the transportation of spent materials to their state. I don't know what the status of that action is, whether it failed/hasn't been determined, etc. but they certainly did it. I will also point out that Gray Davis during the energy "crisis" of the winter of 2001 took actions that affected the interstate delivery of energy to the state. Those are just two examples of state governments affecting NATIONAL policy.