Mark Gottfried Fired

Discussion in 'OTHER SPORTS Forum' started by TigerBait3, Jan 26, 2009.

1. TigerBait3

TigerBait3 Guest

For anyone that cares.

Probably not...here's a hot chick.

[​IMG]

2. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

What have you done for me lately?

3. Krypto

Krypto Huh?

Why was he fired?

4. TigerBait3

TigerBait3 Guest

Performance. Though I'm sure people will have their rumors (some of which are true) but he would have been fired because of his team's performance regardless. Pretty similar situation to Brady -- did just enough to keep his job, average coach, lost the fans, etc...

5. DRC

DRC TigerNator

Finebaum said something about a golf course and video. You know what thats about?

6. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

you just wanted an excuse to post (another) pic of a hot chick. :grin:

7. LSUDeek

LSUDeek All That She Wants...

Difference being he actually attended school there and played on one of Wimp's best teams (to parrot the raycom announcing team) :hihi:

8. TigerBait3

TigerBait3 Guest

:grin:

Yeah, but this one is really HOT.

9. 65Grad

65Grad Maturity is Overrated

Mark Gotfried "resigns"

Alabama basketball coach Matk Gotfried "resigned" this afternoon. Reported by NBC affiliate in Montgomery,AL.:huh:

10. TGer'nLHornLand

TGer'nLHornLand Founding Member

Heard as well, as reported by ESPN that another element was Ron Steele who quit the team midseason. So, it doesn't help that one of your main players leaves. I mean, the similarities to Brady's situation are pretty staggering. Another "old timer" in the SEC. Guy who brought 'Bama to new heights (Elite 8), recruited reasonably well, was an ok regarded xs and os coach, but the last few years has had to deal with injuries and subpar seasons. It doesn't hurt that LSU seems to have "turned things around" so quickly with CTJ, and Ole Miss similarly has found success with Andy Kennedy. Lots of turnover in the SEC West probably didn't help. Lebo will probably be next.

I wonder though, whether that helps CTJ with any 'Bama recruiting. Bama is definitely one state where Brady tried to recruit from in the past. I wonder if you see any Bama pledges open up their recruitment.