man vs wild

Discussion in 'New Roundtable' started by tirk, May 29, 2007.

1. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

how long has this show been on? ive seen the deadliest catch since it began and its still pretty good. (on discovery)

but i think this show has surpassed it as my favorite. this dude, bear grylls, was like special forces for the brits and is one tough bastard. they drop him via parachute in the middle of nowhere from an african rainforest to the mojave desert. he brings a water bottle and a knife and pretty much nothing else then has 5 days to find civilization.

we caught a marathon of shows sunday i think. dude eats live snakes, drinks water from fresh elephant dung, climbs crazy mountains with no rope, etc.

highly entertaining if you like that kinda stuff. he has a policy where his camera crew cannot interact with him and can only help him if he's about to die. hes gonna die filming this much like the crocodile hunter so im gonna catch the remaining episodes.

2 people like this.
  2. LSUGradin99

LSUGradin99 I Bleedeth Purple 'N Gold

I watched Survivorman before this show. To be honest, I enjoyed it a lot more. He really was on his on and he did all hsi camera work. Seems like they only did one season of it though.

3. tirk

i dont think ive seen this but i remember seeing it advertised.

4. martin

martin Banned Forever

this dude is tough, but i do not trust him, i think stuff is faked. sometimes he does crazy stunts and you can tell he isnt really doing it. like one time i saw him float down some river, when he was clearly wearing a life jacket under his shirt.

i prefer survivorman, who is literally alone, doing his own camera work. no crew or extra gear to help.

edit: dang, gradin99 is quick.

5. tirk

i think you are too untrusting and force yourself to believe stupid conspiracies.

6. LSUGradin99

should still be airing the old episodes... search on your dvr guide and add an episode or two to record

the guy in m v w, had he had any close calls?

by the way, I absolutely love deadliest catch! even though very little different really happens form episode to episode.. it's just mesmerizing!

7. bayareatiger

bayareatiger If it's too loud YOU'RE TOO OLD

I prefer survivorwoman, who does ALL of the household build-outs and everything...

Hold on.

I take it back.

That's WAYYYYYY too butch for me. :hihi:

8. LSUGradin99

That show was done really well. I'm guessing he said "f this ****" after a season of it. :hihi:

9. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

I love Deadliest Catch and Man vs. Wild. My friend'd dad did a survival training seminar and at the end they dropped him off to fend for himself and find his way back to the camp. I was thinking of soing the same one day. It makes you resourceful and wisdom that you never knew you had.

10. tirk

yeah he intentionally snagged himself about 80 feet up in a tree when he parachuted in then repelled down with his backup chute. he does stupid **** all the time just to show you how you can survive if in the same situation. he climbed up this tree about 100+ feet that was pretty insane. they didnt show him get down so maybe there was a crane parked there to get him down.

going through the african jungle at night with only a pocket knife is insane. i kept waiting for a lion to eat him but he only ran into a super poisonous snake and a herd of pissed off elephants who wanted to trample him from what i remember.

he killed a rabbit by throwing this weapon he made and hit it right in the head on the first try. im sure martian didnt buy this one either.

some of it is questionable i suppose. like when he finally finds water after a day he fills up his canteen and goes on instead of drinking like a gallon first. of course they have to edit tons of it to fit the time. ill check out this survivor man guy. filming his own stuff sounds like itd be hard to see wtf is happening but i like the idea of being on his own.