Luke Winn: In his first season, coach has Tennessee in overdrive (Sports Illustrated)

Discussion in 'LSU News' started by LSU News, Jan 25, 2006.

1. LSU News

LSU News TigerForums LSU News Bot

The irony was thick in the opening round 2005 NCAA tournament, when Wisconsin-Milwaukee upset Alabama and UAB knocked off LSU. In the 1990s, the SEC was the province of pressure in college basketball, with two of its signature squads -- Nolan Richardson's 40 Minutes of Hell at Arkansas and Rick Pitino's full-court pressure at Kentucky -- winning national championships. But the league had slowed

Link To Original Article

2. TN Tiger

TN Tiger Founding Member

I have said it here before, but this guy is one of the best coaches in the country. If you took his system and put it with our athletic players, we could win it all. TN has the same players they had last year, minus their two top scorers, and they are out hustling almost every team they play and he is out-coaching every coach he is going up against. Last season they finished with a losing record and this year they are #6 in the RPI!

PEARL TO THE TIGERS!!

3. TGer'nLHornLand

TGer'nLHornLand Founding Member

Good article. Generally, I'd say I like to see good coaches come to the SEC to raise the level of play across the board and this is overall a good thing for the league.

I guess I'd say two things to your "Pearl to the Tigers" comment:

For the Brady Basher: I guess a good coach CAN turn around a team quickly.

For the Brady Lover: Didn't the Tigers beat Tennessee by 14? With a "slow" team?

:) :geauxtige :bball: :bball:

PACK THE PMAC!!!! HOOPS ARE BACK!!!