LSU quarterback discussion

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by boblinfoto, Jul 24, 2009.

1. boblinfoto

boblinfoto Ohio LSU fan/artist

During the annual SEC Media Day Coach Miles was quoted about this year's quarterbacks:

"I can tell you that both Jordan Jefferson and Jarrett Lee will take the field with a lot more experience and comfort with what we expect of our quarterback.
    If we had to start today, I would start Jordan Jefferson, but I believe our offense will function extremely well with the idea that our quarterbacks are a little bit more veteran."

Sounds like Coach Miles will be loudly reminded of the displeasure of the crowd when Lee throws his first interception. I know I'll cringe the first time Lee is hurried and throws an interception/touchdown. Miles will hear the wrath of the crowd!

I guess Jefferson's major success at the Chick-Fil-A bowl didn't turn into a promotion to starting quarterback.:geauxtige

2. CajunlostinCali

CajunlostinCali Booger Eatin Moron

Did you get the little red dot before, or after you posted your opinion?

3. JayB

JayB Never Forget 31

dude, take a couple of breaths. it's college football and the guy was a freshman last season, he'll get better. he can't get much worse, but seriously the dude will be OK.

4. JayB

JayB Never Forget 31

i'm still up in the air on how CLM handles QBs. he did the right thing with the perrilloux debacle, but did he honestly think that jarrett lee was the better QB last season? i know we went through all of this ad nauseam last season, but how could he honestly say he didn't know who was better when he saw them at practice every day. live games and practices are different, but i think that he'd at least get an indication of what the QBs would do in a game.

5. LSUfan71

LSUfan71 Founding Member

:huh:

1 person likes this.
  6. P&G_wheelz007

P&G_wheelz007 Football anyone?

Jefferson took a few snaps late in one of our early games last season. HE GOT HURT. LSU wanted to red shirt him, but the other QB's got hurt too.

Does anyone else remember JJ hurting his shoulder? Then Hatch got hurt. JLee was QB and I don't really think we had anyone else available at a certain point last year.....

Also, if CLM says JJ wasn't ready. I trust him. I trust that JJ didn't quite understand the playbook, the audibles, and everything else that goes with playing QB in the SEC, at that point during last season.

Now, can we move forward please?

Jordan Jefferson will be our starting QB!!!

:crystal::geaux::crystal::geaux::crystal:

1 person likes this.
  7. Nutriaitch

Nutriaitch Fear the Buoy

don't ruin this thread with facts

1 person likes this.
  8. Kandjviz

Kandjviz Founding Member

Thanks for posting my thoughts exactly.

9. Fishhead

Fishhead Founding Member

Dumb thread. The first thing Miles said about the QBs is that JJ would be the starter as it stands right now. ALL of the players that talk about JJ say he is the leader.

10. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

i guess some people never let facts get in the way of throwing a hissy fit. :rolleye33: