LSU May have Matchup Problems With IONA

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by CalcoTiger, Mar 14, 2006.

1. CalcoTiger

CalcoTiger Live Long and Prosper IVI

I am a little worried about the way LSU matchups against Iona.

They are a 3 point shooting pressure defense team and that has been the teams LSU has had trouble with through the year.

One lesson our guys should know is when you play in the tournament you better be on your game every time you hit the floor. Even the first round when you are the favorite can be a upset.

It is going to be important to have our gaurds play well and make good decisions with the basketball. One of those high turnover games and LSU may be going home. Low turnover and score some easy baskets in transition and stay out of foul trouble.

Brady might have to play Voogd more to keep the other gaurds fresh.

Glad to have Tyrus back .

Brady needs a good Defense strategy on the 3 pointers.

2. LSUtigerfan1025

LSUtigerfan1025 Freshman

Where did you here they were a pressing team? I have heard that they do not press much and that they play alot of man to man D. If this is true I think we will dominate them when we have the ball. I am just worried about being about to stop them on offense.

3. TigerWins

TigerWins Founding Member

I haven't seen Iona play, but I don't think they are a fullcourt pressure defensive team, like a UAB. Their numbers certainly don't indicate that.

Iona averages 15 TOs and forces 16 a game. That's about the same numbers for LSU. Iona averages 7.5 steals while LSU has 8.5 a game.

The key will be not letting their guards go off from 3 point land...

4. OpelousasLSUFan

OpelousasLSUFan Founding Member

And keep TT out of file trouble while dominating down low on offense and defense. If we get a big lead at the end of the game Brady should take TT out and let him rest for the next round.

GEAUX TIGERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!:bball: :champs: :bball:

5. TigerWins

Don't think that'll be a problem for TT since he probably won't play many minutes against Iona. His practice yesterday didn't go very well as he is still in a lot of pain.

6. CalcoTiger

CalcoTiger Live Long and Prosper IVI

Read the article on the site. Their coach says that they like to press teams that dont handle the ball well and turn the ball over. That is one of LSU weaknesses this year is bad passing and turning the ball over.

I would expect them to press LSU and it will depend on how well we take care of the ball as to how much success we have in getting the ball down low.

If we cant get the ball down the floor with consistency and get in our offense then it is going to be tough to use our inside game.

7. OpelousasLSUFan

OpelousasLSUFan Founding Member

Dandy Don's report is that he practiced with little pain and is expected to be near 100%

8. TigerWins

He's dead wrong on that one...

Post in Another Thread

9. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Temple, with his height, will bring the ball up and throw over their press. We'll kill em.

10. Kjunsausage

Kjunsausage Founding Member

lsu will have this one in the bag with 10 minutes to go in the game.