LSU JERSEYS

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by charlie_c0756, Nov 2, 2009.

1. charlie_c0756

charlie_c0756 Founding Member

Ordered an LSU white game jersey from the store on LSUSports.net. I ordered a Lyle Hitt #65 jersey in white. I ordered it because I really respect the guy not only for his on the field play, but he's an upstanding young man off the field.
    Just got a call from LSU saying I can't order a jersey with both the name and the actual number of a current player. She said it hurts their marketability in the pros. Anybody else aware of this rule? I sure wasn't. No harm, I just left the name blank and kept his number.

2. TigerPass

TigerPass Founding Member

I got a players' jersey and name printed for me at a store that provides that service. Even got the player to autograph it for me. It's for my kid, ya know. You got fed a bunch of Hoooey.

3. StadiumSalute

StadiumSalute It's Gameday!

LSU doesn't sell/auction the game-used jerseys with the player's name on them. There's a reason for it, though I'm not sure it's the reason you were given.

4. TigerSnarl

TigerSnarl Air Conditioned Gypsy

I thought it was a NCAA rule to prevent money being made off of student athletes. We wouldn't want that to occur would we???

1 person likes this.
  5. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

right! tell that to my checkbook after paying for my season tix. :hihi:

6. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

NCAA rules prevent LSU from making money by marketing player's names. But you aren't a member of they NCAA and you can have the name put on it if you wish. Take it to Co-op bookstore or any other sport jersey place and have it your way.

7. charlie_c0756

charlie_c0756 Founding Member

Just for the record, this IS NOT a game-used jersey. It's the same jersey the players use, but not actually used by a player. It's brand new. They'll put any number and name on it as long as the name and number aren't currently being used by a player on the team.

8. Bayou Tiger

Bayou Tiger Founding Member

Surely everyone knows someone who has a small t shirt business and can get them to though.

9. StadiumSalute

StadiumSalute It's Gameday!

I know, but as stated above LSU isn't allowed to sell it as a specific player's jersey.

10. MobileBengal

MobileBengal Founding Member

But LSU isn't selling it, some third party shop is. I'm kind of surprised they won't do it.