LSU Bye in SEC tourney

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by MikeD, Mar 10, 2003.

1. MikeD

MikeD Sports Genius

With Georgia out of the tourney, I've read a couple of places that LSU might get a bye for the 1st round of the tourney since they are the next highest seed. I think that LSU could have benefited from a first round victory.

2. MobileBengal

MobileBengal Founding Member

3. MikeD

MikeD Sports Genius

Check that, Tennessee will get a bye not LSU. This according to Andy Katz on Sportscenter. Also of note is that Jon Higgins was declared ineligible for postseason play. It sounds very similar to Tony Gipson but he was suspended in January. Doesn't seem fair to me.

4. lsu99

lsu99 whashappenin

Don't know if that bracket is final, but

I would think that we'd get in over the Auburn/Tenn loser even if we would lose to Florida. However, should Tenn be rewarded with a victory over a weak opponent like we would've over Vandy? I know the committee looks at a lot of things but I like our chances now against the other bubbles, Bama, AU, Tenn. However, the SEC tourney could change things. I'll be pulling for those three to lose early.

5. TennesseeTiger

TennesseeTiger Founding Member

Yep...that's true. It was reported here in Knoxville this afternoon.

6. dallastigers

dallastigers Founding Member

New bracket from LSUsports.net

7. MikeD

MikeD Sports Genius

If they are basing that Tennessee gets a bye on overall record, why aren't we playing Vandy instead of Arkansas. Now, Bama gets to play Vandy (worst team in the league) even though we have a better record. We should get to play Vandy and Bama should play Arkansas.

8. J_Oats

J_Oats Founding Member

Wow did Tennessee luck out - they get a bye, then get to play a weak 2 seed, looks like they have improved their chances of getting in the Tourney.

9. BayouBengal

BayouBengal Founding Member

Tenn was one game better than us in SEC play. That is what I am assuming they based it on.

10. MikeD

MikeD Sports Genius

I'm fine with Tennessee getting a bye. However, I am complaining that Bama gets to play a worse team (Vandy 3-13) than we do (Arky 4-12) even though we are the higher seed.