LSU at AUBURN 6pm ESPN

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Cajun Sensation, Sep 17, 2012.

1. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

Ive been a HUGE critic of play cslling in the past and im still not sold on Stud. However i have no big problem with last nights play calling except the repeated runs to Josh D's side when he couldnt even get in the way of the DE. Last night deep pass play calls were doomed to fail. Mett barely had time to throw the quick slants. He was pretty damn accurate last night and there werent a ton of drops, but deeper play calls would only have meant more sacks and possible turn overs. Not to mention the fact that Mett probably would have been crippled. The OL just wasnt up to the challenge.

2. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Mettenberger's pocket presence needs some work, too. He not afraid of a collapsing pocket and stands tall to get the pass off, but there are times he can help his blockers by stepping up or shifting with a shifting pocket. I did not like the rollout passes. Yes, it got him more time, but his accuracy drops off noticeably.

3. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

I don't like rolling the pocket either, but the left side was getting murdered. Why don't they just switch Collins and Josh D?

4. ThePhenom74

ThePhenom74 Founding Member

I dont know if Stud is the answer or not. All I know is we have seen the same play calling over the past few years. The common denominator is HC Les Miles. Which leads me to think he is the real problem with the play calling.

5. ThePhenom74

ThePhenom74 Founding Member

I was thinking the same thing. He was suppose to be a LT. Unless he isnt quite as quick, but Josh D isnt either.

6. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Collins is very quick.

7. gyver

gyver Rely on yourself not on others.

this game was a make it or break it for auburn and their defense showed up just like ours. auburn had the motivation and desire to win this game and it clearly showed on the defensive side. our defense looked great but offense was way to vanilla and predictable. this game will give some motivation to the team and the video will give the coaches something to work with now. Mett did ok being his first SEC start on the road. penalties and turnovers cost us 14 pts and gave auburn their 7. i feel sorry for towson next weekend.

8. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

We will win big, but I don't think it will be a huge pounding. It will be a chance to rest some bruised up guys and play some youngsters before the meat of the SEC schedule. Towson is doing pretty good in their Division and might be a bit better than Idaho and NTSU.

9. HalloweenRun

HalloweenRun Founding Member

It seems obvious to me. THE CUPCKE SCHEDULE. Playing junior colleges promotes sloppiness and masks deficiencies. All the wins in the world against Wattsamatta U. Are meaningless. If you are not ready when you need to be. We weren't ready, except for D. Time is running out.